To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
176 North Commerce Way
Bethlehem, PA 18017
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Freshpet • Bethlehem, PA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The responsibilities of the QA Technician will include:
• Conduct hourly production line audits to evaluate compliance to product standards, food safety standards and regulatory requirements. Document audit data.
• Perform routine product tests during audits including: temperature, pH, oxygen, CEM moisture, net weight, particle size, vacuum, and packaging integrity to determine conformance to standards.
• Be familiar with Freshpet HACCP programs for all products. Conduct and/or verify required HACCP food safety tests.
• Perform product organoleptic evaluations on all pet food batches produced for conformance to standards. Document test results.
• Work with operations to evaluate nonconformance occurrences and implement corrective action. Document data on Corrective Action Log.
• Isolate and place nonconforming products or ingredients on hold and document hold by entering data on Hold Log and circulating information to Operations and Quality Management.
• Inspect incoming ingredients for conformance to ingredient specifications, collect representative samples for testing and document audit data.
• Collect routine product, ingredient or water samples for microbiological or chemical testing, shelf life evaluations or to use as retention samples.
• Conduct Vacuum Tank Packaging tests on Roasted Meals, Vital Complete Meals and Single Serve products to evaluate packaging and seal integrity.
• Test diluted sanitizers and foot bath solutions to verify concentration. Record data
• Audit sanitation and perform ATP hygiene tests on food contact surfaces and equipment to determine sanitation effectiveness. Document swab data.
• Take swab and sponge samples from established locations to evaluate plant Micro conditions. Record data.
• Test cooling water for sanitary conditions and add biocides as need to control water quality. Record test data and chemical addition levels.
• Monitor plant TPR tests and collect required samples for testing.
• Provide technical support to Shift Supervisors and Line Leaders.
• Assumes additional related responsibilities as necessary.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Food Safety/Quality Systems, preferably in food or pet food.
• Capable of performing and understanding mathematic calculations. Understanding of ratios, percentages, and fractions.
• Basic understanding of Biology and/or Chemistry and associated technical terms.
• Basic computer skills to read and write emails and enter data on spreadsheets.
• Basic understanding of food Good Manufacturing Practices
• Capable of following instructions and conducting routine Quality Assurance tests.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Sound ethics
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Associate Degree in Science Area preferred.