Dynamic law firm based in Oakland with a sophisticated and nationally recognized practice is looking for an experienced Real Estate Attorney to join its growing team.
Ideal candidate must have at least 5-10 years of California Real Estate Attorney experience and should be familiar with real estate finance as it interfaces with the above range of real estate tasks. Experience reviewing, negotiating, and drafting AIA architect and construction contracts desired. Requires excellent writing skills, the ability to collaborate with clients and colleagues, and familiarity with basic real estate documents, such as purchase & sale agreements, loan documents, leases, easement agreements, and construction contracts. Prior experience with affordable housing is a plus, but not required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Casual and friendly work environment (temporarily remote). Offers excellent benefits, including a generous retirement plan & more!
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- JD from accredited institution, licensed to practice in California
- 5-10 years as a real estate attorney, handling transactional matters
- Strong drafting skills
- Experience working across the table from governmental entities
- Familiarity with government processes a must
- Well-organized, analytical, team-builder with good communication and multitasking skills, able to prioritize and balance work alignments and assignments
- Ability to proofread typed material for contextual, grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors
- Works well independently while handling complex transactions with ability to liaise between partners, attorneys, and clients
- Possesses good communication and interpersonal skills, along with an enthusiastic team player attitude and a strong work ethic; and
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems and typical office software, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook; and Google Sheets and Docs
Leasing (Contract Law)
Real Estate Finance
Hardworking And Dedicated