To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Frederick, MD
- Ankit Chavda
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Integrated Resources, Inc • Frederick, MD
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Title: EHS Specialist III
Location Frederick, MD - 21704
Duration 4 months
• Establish and maintain EHS policies, programs and procedures that ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and corporate standards. Some of these programs include the site Injury Illness & Prevention Program, Hazardous Communication Plan, BioSafety Program, Chemical Hygiene Plan, and Ergonomics Program.
• Be a safety advocate. Proactively look for opportunities to improve safety programs and educate and inspire employees to do the same. Drive and implement changes as needed.
• Serve as a technical resource to the company in complex areas of EHS Compliance, risk management, hazardous materials/waste, industrial hygiene, industrial safety, and/or ergonomics.
• Lead monthly Gemba walks identifying opportunities related to EH&S.
• Assist in safety committees and awareness programs.
• Evaluate new hazardous materials to ensure compliance in EHS requirements and facility procedures.
• Conduct EHS reviews for new product development, facility modification, product manufacturing modifications and new equipment/machinery installations.
• Develop and deliver training programs.
• Perform periodic audits to identify potential environmental and workplace hazards, program deficiencies, and liabilities.
• Participate in incident investigations, ensuring root cause and countermeasure identification is completed to eliminate future injury. Review and analyze accident data to identify trends or areas requiring additional focus.
• Complete job safety and ergonomics analysis, make recommendations and work with management to implement changes when necessary.
• Interface with regulatory agencies and third parties as needed based on project or program responsibilities.
• Maintain routine safety and environmental reports and records (OSHA logs, Stormwater, etc.).
• Assist with changes to the site to ensure established safety standards are met.
• Drive a focus on safety utilizing lean tools (5S, Gemba, Visual Management, root cause analysis, kaizen, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Science, or related scientific discipline such as Biology, Chemistry, or Engineering
• 5 years in safety or environmental health and safety (EHS) role
• Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Direct experience performing ergonomic evaluations and recommendations.
• Obtain solutions through independent analysis.
• Experience in local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulatory compliance.
• Good technical and project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects and daily responsibilities.
• Ability to make decisions and work independently and as part of a team.
• Good verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Self-motivated with the ability to develop and foster creative and innovative solutions.
• Ability to interact with all levels of employees.
• Ability to discern and appropriately communicate sensitive issues.
• Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
• Perform work in compliance with established procedures.
• Demonstrate active listening through full attention. Be able to present verbal and written information clearly. Read and understand analyses and reports, interpret technical procedures and government regulations, and write reports and business correspondence and procedures.
• HAZWOPER and/or RCRA Current Certifications
• OSHA 30 hr course or equivalent
• Experience with OSHA Voluntary Protection Program (VPP)
• CSP (Certified Safety Professional) is a plus.