To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
575 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10022
- Sarah Zevetchin
- Phone: 212-940-6323
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP • New York, NY
Posted 2 months ago
Under the general direction of the Insolvency and Restructuring Department and the Human Resources Manager and according to established Firm policies and procedures, the Administrative Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support and assisting with various assignments in the Insolvency and Restructuring Department. This individual maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but may not be limited to, the following. Other duties may be requested and/or assigned. Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the position. Essential functions are primary job duties that an individual must be able to perform successfully with or without a reasonable accommodation. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform clerical tasks including data entry, filing, faxing, copying, scanning and binding.
- Provide administrative support services on project assignments utilizing Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as, any additional software required.
- Process expense reimbursements through the Firm’s electronic expense reimbursement system, Chrome River.
- Prepare packages for shipping and enter appropriate information into automated courier/package tracking systems.
- Update attorney’s contacts in InterAction, Outlook or other related document contact lists, as needed.
- Establish, organize and maintain files and records as instructed.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail. Process outgoing mail to assure timely delivery in accordance with the attorney’s instructions. If requested, file mail in client/case files, as necessary.
- Assist with creative and logistical event support, including event calendaring, planning assistance, assembling materials and name badges, staffing tables and post-event collection of materials.
- Greet clients and visitors in a professional and courteous manner and provide a high level of customer service while engaging in Firm matters.
- Provide support for all team meetings, including scheduling, agenda distribution, content preparation and minutes, if necessary.
- Assist with additional administrative support and ad hoc assignments as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- College degree and one or more years of experience in a legal or professional services firm is preferred.
- Computer proficient with experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, interns, and outside contacts.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail, or verbally.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills requiring an aptitude for detail and accuracy in order to perform essential duties relevant to the Marketing administrative functions.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in managing multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment utilizing excellent judgment, administrative abilities, and decision-making skills. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Ability to act independently and make decisions within scope of the position’s responsibilities.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to analyze and interpret source data; perform administrative functions and prepare relevant documentation; proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors; and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, verifying numerical data on forms and documents, and processing invoices for payment.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, scanner, calculator, facsimile, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute marketing/desktop publishing materials, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 20 pounds.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental/vision, 401k with employer contribution; transportation fringe benefit program; back-up care option; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA-M/F/SO/Disability/Veteran