Ashley Addiction Treatment has an opening for a FT, Registered Nurse - Night Shift. This professional promotes the mission, vision and values of Ashley, Inc. Assess, plan, provide and evaluate preventative, therapeutic and patient rehabilitative care from age adult through geriatric by performing the following duties. This position is supervised by the Assistant Director of Nursing and/or Director of Nursing. The schedule for this position will be to work three twelve hour shifts; 7:45pm – 8:15am. Position includes full benefits including Health, Retirement, Tuition Reimbursement and much more.
Dispenses medication according to the 5 R's (right patient, right medication, right dose, right route, and right time)
- Assures competency in the use of emergency and clinical equipment as evidenced by the proper use of Glucometer, Breathalyzer, Nebulizer, emergency response equipment and drugs.
- Assures competency in the management of the following emergency conditions: Chest pain, SOB/Dyspnea, Seizures, Hypo/Hyperglycemia
- Assures knowledge of pain management as evidenced of ability to assess pain level utilizing pain scale, development of the treatment plan, explain comfort measures and reassesses per policy.
- Demonstrates ability to verbalize recommended script to negotiate a "contract for safety" with patients and also demonstrates understanding of Aggressive Person Management policy.
- Performs accurate assessments upon the patients’ admission, during detoxification and during rehabilitation. Develops appropriate treatment plans. Complete required documentation per policy. Knows how and when to report cases of abuse (sexual, physical, elder) and child neglect.
- Demonstrates competency in applying development and age related knowledge in the care of patients in the following age groups: Adolescent (18-19 years), Young Adult (20-39 years), Middle Adult (40-64 years), older adults’ age (65-74 years) and Geriatric (75 and older).
- Protects personally identifiable health information.
- Alert to opportunities to reduce risks of accidents or potential safety and security breaches.
- Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority.
- Has established a track record of producing work that is highly accurate, demonstrates attention to detail and reflects well on the organization. Is personally committed to high quality work and encourages others to have similar standards.
- Produces an amount of work that meets or exceeds job expectations. Makes sure that quality does not suffer as the quantity of work increases. Works effectively with peers and carries own share of team workload.
- Keeps manager informed of progress and obstacles related to ongoing tasks or projects. Uses written or verbal status reports to ensure that manager is up-to-date and will not be surprised by the status of key activities, actual expenses or end results.
- Protects personally identifiable health information; adheres to release of information per policy and procedure (written, oral and electronic). Respects patients and all customer groups' privacy and confidentiality.
- Maintains professionalism and keeps a customer-focus when dealing with customer needs. Handles conflict professionally minimizing emotions and communicating appropriately to those involved. Keeps the conflict contained and uses the proper channels for conflict resolution appropriately.