Mildred Elley, a private multi campus institution, is seeking a Part-time Librarian for appointment at the Manhattan, NY campus. This position is part-time up to 26 hours/week. This position will work weekend and/or night hours as needed. The faculty and staff of Mildred Elley have a demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement, focusing on academic improvements, student service improvements, and accreditation and compliance improvements.
- Provide assistance to Library patrons especially with APA/MLA format, library databases, Moodle and Sonis
- Assist the Library Director with proctoring and setting up students in-house and virtually with Accuplacer, ATI Teas and Wonderlic testing
- Entering test scores into Sonis on a daily basis
- Reshelf books, periodicals and DVD’s
- Maintain library’s print and on-line resources
- Check out library materials and check in returned materials
- Maintain library equipment
- Maintain a helpful and professional demeanor
- Assist with cataloging and have a clear understanding of the cataloging rules
- Assist with Library Newsletter, Library Orientations and Book Club
- Proficient in MS Office 365, MS Office Excel and PowerPoint 2016
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Library Services
Requirements/Required & Preferred Credentials:
- MLS or MLIS Degree from ALA-accredited institution
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous experience providing reference services in an academic library
- Experience working with diverse populations and non-traditional students
- Ability to work evening and potentially weekend hours
Commensurate based on experience.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in becoming part of a growing campus committed to achieving student success through continuous improvement please email a cover letter, a current resume, and copies of transcripts (if available) to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Part-time Librarian and note “Librarian” in the subject line, followed by the candidate's first and last name.