Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- College degree, some college work completed or work equivalent preferred
- Basic experience with electronic technology and communications
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a multi-task environment
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to think broadly to resolve issues and understand the key business strategies, deliverables and processes. Identifies opportunities to improve store performance.
Results Leadership: Must show proactive initiative and strong drive for achieving stated goals and objectives. Must demonstrate commitment to manage work effectively, improve processes, improve store performance and satisfy customers.
People Leadership: Must possess strong communication skills. Must maintain positive relationship by respecting differences and collaboratively sharing information, best methods and personal expertise with team members. Must encourage commitment of store employees and be able to assess their abilities. Utilizes SAL hiring, staffing and training programs to select and develop store personnel.
Personal Leadership: Must lead by example. Must follow stated policies and take personal responsibility for actions. Adapt to changing environments and responsibilities and be open to learning and feedback.
- Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing 20-50 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 50-80 lbs.
- Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp, twist and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
- Regularly works in freezers, coolers, refrigerators, inside and outside of the store in all weather conditions and inside delivery trucks.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.