Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or related field.
• 5-10 years of experience in inspection/quality engineering in an aerospace or equivalent type of manufacturing environment.
• Sampling Procedures, and familiar with SPC, TQM Lean Six Sigma quality engineering methodologies
• Working knowledge of incoming and in-process inspection techniques; ability to read and understand engineering drawings; specifications; hands-on support for mechanical, electrical and optical inspections.
• Fluent use of PC based programs such as MS Office, MRP systems, AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills in order to convey information to inspection, engineering, management staff, suppliers, subcontractors, customers, and auditors.
• Strong background in ISO9001/AS9100D, Quality Management Systems
• Familiar with ANSI Z540 calibration requirements, ANSI Z1.
The Senior Quality Engineer position provides quality assurance monitoring during system design, material procurement, parts and system fabrication, integration, testing and installation at customer's designated locations. The position requires a hands-on problem solver with the ability to work both as an independent auditor performing source inspection and surveys at vendor locations and within a team of self-motivated employees.
• Provide technical support of quality assurance, engineering, manufacturing, and test efforts
• Provide input to and participates in Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Material Review Board (MRB) activities
• Contribute to design and project reviews internally and with customers
• Assist with internal and external audits to ensure compliance with in-house processes/procedures and regulatory standards
• Coordinates and actively participate in outside inspection, analysis and other tests (i.e., hydrophone acoustic testing, component failure analysis, and factory/site acceptance testing (FAT/SAT)
• Provide training for receiving and in-process inspection personnel
• Generate Quality Program Plans and Quality Assurance Procedures
• Develop Pricing and Delivery Cost Estimates, Department ETCs and EACs
• Conduct other duties as assigned
Auto Cad And/Or Solid Works
Lean Six Sigma Quality Engineering Methodologies