Job Title: CONTROLS ENGINEER- DEVELOPMENT/ PROGRAMMING
Location: MARIETTA, GA
In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re on a mission to change that! TalentStream specializes in helping organizations find top talent in the Engineering, Manufacturing and Supply Chain space. We provide talent on a Direct Hire and Contract-to-Hire basis.
We are currently working with a client who is seeking qualified candidates for a CONTROLS ENGINEER based out of their Marietta, GA location.
This position is responsible for ensuring the software controls site project plan is executed according to scheduling and phasing. This includes system start-up coordination as well as commissioning and test coordination. This role provides interface and coordination with customer(s) and subcontractors to resolve issues and problems to the satisfaction of the company/customer. Other responsibilities include: site progress monitoring, daily PLC/HMI progress, and contribution to the team with regard to risk analysis and contingency management.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an established manufacturer in Georgia and is currently looking for a CONTROLS ENGINEER to join their team.
ABOUT THE JOB
Job functions for the CONTROLS ENGINEER position include, but are not be limited to:
● Managing the control systems execution, which includes hardware/system/network design, software development (PLC and HMI), electrical installation and system commissioning.
● Execute projects from concept through completion with a positive result on technical performance, financial results and the organization.
● Involvement in project planning of controls project team, project specifications (i.e., functional, design, etc.), engineering, execution and commissioning of Projects
● Work closely with clients and subcontractors and communicate closely with other groups within VI and project team (i.e., mechanical engineering, project management and installation).
● Work on quotation bids with the systems and sales department on new projects and/or on project changes.
● Ensuring the commissioning activities of the project are executed according to scheduling and phasing.
● Coordination and execution of the project in cooperation with the engineering team based in the Netherlands and under the Project Manager, Engineering Management.
● Day to day site commissioning activities (assist in recruitment and training of personnel, planning and performance measurement).
● Coordination with the suppliers involved in the project.
● Provide operating supervision and coordination during commissioning.