Job Title Department Status Reports to (Title):
M&R Lead Assistant M&R Exempt
Purpose of Job:
This position encompasses several major areas of responsibility of equipment and terminal M&R operations and reports to the Equipment Manager. Managerial responsibilities include the implementation of procedures for maintenance and repair of all equipment, terminal, cost accounting, and management of the wireless asset management / remote monitoring system (WAM). The performance of these functions requires direct supervision of the Portus Maintenance Supervisor as well as the activities of various equipment and terminal repair vendors, part suppliers, and contractors. All functions are performed under the discipline and constraints of a formal budget / plan for which the incumbent is responsible for preparation and implementation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Review, validate and approve M&R invoices.
2. Ensure that all M&R related costs are in line with the established plan / budget.
3. Provide detailed explanation of all cost related variances when experienced.
4. Ensure compliance of all M&R related procedures.
5. Support M&R activities in other locations when required.
6. Maintain professional/productive relationship with M&R vendors.
7. Ensure that all M&R requirements are met and documented properly.
8. Coordinate M&R priorities with other departments, M&R staff and vendors.
9. Ensure compliance of all refrigerated cargo procedures.
10. Responsible for EAM usage and accuracy throughout M&R and Parts Inventory
11. Oversight of parts inventory.
12. Oversight of warranty programs.
13. Ensure proper maintenance of fleet service records in EAM
14. Monitor and create invoicing for damages.
15. Maintain terminal vehicle rotation schedule.
16. Coordinate and document required repairs for shipper owned equipment damaged while in SSL control.
17. Ensure proper maintenance of shore side assets.
18. Oversight and coordination of inland repairs.
19. M&R support to the Marine and Terminal Operational Groups.
20. Maintain and update M&R ISO SOPs and Work Instructions annually
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Assists the Company in any necessary duties to achieve Company goals.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned.
3. Adherence to the Integrated Management System that covers Quality (ISO 9001:2008), Environmental (ISO 14001:2004), and Safety (OHSAS 18001:2007).
Limited supervision. Work is performed to a large extent on own responsibility after assignment, with some choice of method. Occasionally develops own method.
Mistakes and errors in judgment are significant, difficult to detect, involving major expenditures, may involve the preparation or presentation of data on which management bases important decisions.
Disclosure of Information Selections:
This position involves regular work with some information of major importance, which if disclosed may be detrimental to the company's interests.
Financial Responsibility Selections:
No authority to commit funds for the organization
Purchases supplies necessary for performance of personal or immediate work group’s job functions.
Recommends major capital expenditures involving the facility or equipment for use by an entire department or the organization.
● Microsoft Word, Excel, email communications required.
● Technical equipment Knowledge/ experience required.
● Knowledge of equipment fleet management required.
● Knowledge of Refrigeration, chassis, and containers preferred.
● Must demonstrate leadership, management, planning and commitment to company goals.
● Must be able to comprehend, speak and write English.
● Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills.
● Valid Driver’s License required.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
● Minimum of 5 years of M&R experience, 3 years of supervisory experience.
● Degree in business or related field or equivalent combination of education / experience required.
● Ability to read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations.
● Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
● Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Senior Management, groups of managers, clients, customers and general public.
● Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
● Ability to compute rates, ratio and percent and draw and interpret various graphs.
● Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exits.
● Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written oral and schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Requirements of the Position -
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Visual Requirements of the Position:
Visual requirement equal to that for machine operators (including inspection), mechanics, and skilled tradespeople whose work deals with machines such as lathes, drill presses, power saws and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm's reach.