The successful candidate must have project engineering and development experience specifically within the following areas:
· Provide technical leadership and supervision to projects.
· Create technical proposals and project cost estimates.
· Generate and review internal design requirements documents, subsuming external documents.
· Define the project work package including deliverables, constraints, risks and mitigation plans while reporting status throughout the project lifecycle.
· In cooperation with the Project Manager, create and maintain detailed project schedules including periodic Estimates to Complete.
· Work with engineering discipline managers to staff development projects.
· Direct, motivate and monitor the performance of a cross functional development team while ensuring the quality and integrity of the engineering work package.
· Implement and monitor the design to cost and budget processes.
· Create and document conceptual and architectural designs of the products.
· Prepare for and participate in project meetings and gates such as Technical Coordination, Preliminary, Interim and Critical Design and Test Readiness Reviews.
· Familiarity with development to DO-160, DO-254 and DO-178 standards.
· Plan and execute system and unit verification test plans.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
· General competency in all disciplines of engineering.
· Product design with LEDs.
· Lighting products (transit, architectural, consumer, etc.).
· Design for Aviation.
· Firmware/Software Development.
BS Engineering with 7+ years development and 3+ years of Project Engineering experience.
Engineering Design Process