To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
222 Southwest Columbia Street
Portland, OR 97201
- Megan Becker
- Phone: 813-221-7209
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ogletree Deakins • Portland, OR
Posted 28 days ago
Our Portland, OR administrative office has the opportunity for an experienced Conflicts Specialist to join the firm’s expanding Client Information Risk Services department. The Conflicts Specialist is responsible for performing conflict-of-interest searches using the Firm’s electronic conflicts checking application to determine any and all potential conflicts issues. Performs data integrity review of the information provided for the conflicts check to ensure data quality and accuracy. Investigates corporate family searches, as appropriate, to ensure a thoroughly comprehensive research of the provided data. In accordance with the Firm’s conflicts checking standards, reviews search result data to identify potential conflict instances for inclusion in the search report results. Prepares, as necessary, a summary of key examples in the report. Provides conflict search report to the requestor and acts as the liaison to explain search results and offer further research. This person may also sit in our Denver, CO office.
Successful job applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Perform various types of conflict searches using the Firm’s conflicts database.
- Perform analysis of all data provided for a conflicts check including, but not limited to, data provided in a new business form, to ensure data quality, accuracy and integrity. Review any legal documents submitted with the new business form, i.e. complaints, claims, charge sheets, etc. to understand and/or verify the nature of the work and the parties involved to fully comprehend the entire conflict check undertaking. Actively communicate with data providers in instances of incomplete, unclear or questionable data.
- Perform corporate family research, as appropriate.
- Review search result data and determine applicability of inclusion in the conflict search report based on the Firm’s conflicts checking standard. Prepare a summary of key issues, as necessary.
- Provide guidance to lawyers, paralegals and administrative staff on understanding the content of conflict search reports.
- Actively interact and collaborate with team members to provide deliverables and service to the highest and sustainable level of quality and professionalism as defined by CIRS department and/or Firm standards.
- Communicate routinely with the Conflicts Supervisor and/or Conflicts Manager about emerging issues or circumstances involving the Conflicts Group. Ensure issues are escalated timely.
- Actively assist and support the Conflicts Supervisor and/or Conflicts Manager in daily operations and functions.
- Attend and participate in Conflicts Group and/or CIRS team virtual meetings.
- Maintain awareness of trends, developments and new technologies impacting the Conflicts Group.
- Participate in CIRS and/or Firm project teams/task forces in various initiatives.
- Assume additional duties and/or responsibilities, as requested.
- Strong research, analytical and reasoning skills, including a demonstrated understanding of how data interrelates.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and the Document Management System (DMS).
- Excellent and consistent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and able to effectively communicate and explain to all levels of attorneys and staff in the Firm.
- Ability to effectively handle multi-task assignments within the parameters of the job functions, and to perform in an environment of shifting turnaround deadlines.
- Reliable, dependable and able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent customer service orientation; positive and proactive manner.
Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position.
Ogletree Deakins offers a robust suite of benefits for our Staff including: Paid Time Off, Sick Time, a 401(k) matching program, Profit Sharing, Paid Holidays, Paid Parental Leave, affordable Health and Life Insurance including Dental & Vision coverage, Health Savings Account /Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the cost of dependent care and/or health care expenses, Teladoc (24/7 access to a doctor by phone or online video), Tuition Reimbursement and an Employee Assistance Program.
To apply for this position, please submit your application through the APPLY NOW button on the top of the page. If you have any questions about this opportunity, please reach out to Megan Becker at with “Conflicts Specialist” in the subject line.
To learn more about Ogletree Deakins and to keep up to date with all of our opportunities, follow us on Twitter
Ogletree Deakins is one of the largest labor and employment law firms representing management in all types of employment-related legal matters. The firm has 850 lawyers located in 53 offices across the United States, Canada, Europe and Mexico. Ogletree Deakins has been named a “Law Firm of the Year” for seven consecutive years by U.S. News – Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”. In 2018, the publication named Ogletree Deakins its “Law Firm of the Year” in the Litigation - Labor & Employment category.” In addition to handling labor and employment law matters, the firm has thriving practices focused on business immigration, employee benefits, and workplace safety and health law. Ogletree Deakins represents a diverse range of clients, from small businesses to Fortune 50 companies.
We are fully committed to the importance of diversity within the legal profession, as well as all workplace environments and strongly encourage the interest of diverse candidates in the firm.
Equal Opportunity Employer.