Mortgage Loan Underwriter - Remote Position
Client is a Mortgage Banker licensed in half the country. We offer a high level of expertise in mortgage banking services and offer superior service to our clients. Client has been voted Top Mortgage Employer many years.
Primary responsibility is to underwrite mortgage loan applications and issue loan approval / commitment according to Client requirements. The underwriter is to ensure loan packages are compliant, sellable and insurable. The underwriter may also act as a mediator between FFF as lender and Investor; escalating to the Underwriting Manager when appropriate.
1. Underwriter duties shall include without limitation:
• Underwrite Conventional & Jumbo Loans in accordance with FFF overlays, policies and procedures outlined by Director of Operations
• Underwrite Conventional & Jumbo Loans in accordance with all agency guidelines and Investor Overlays
• Perform industry-standard underwriting activities (e.g. reviewing Income, assets, title, appraisal, loan application, etc.)
• Access all risk factors of loan and ensure it meets guidelines
• Report to Manager in regard to protocol and file escalation
• Check for accuracy of all incoming loan information for file and report discrepancies
• Ensure that all of the tax, title, insurance and closing documentation is in place
• Interface borrowers, loan processors, loan officers and underwriting in an effective manner
• Review the appraisal to make sure it is accurate and thorough, so that the home is truly worth at least the purchase price on purchases and value on refinances
• Maintain, understand and follow lender / Agency / Investor guidelines at all times
• Underwriters to make sure all of loan factors meet particular loan guidelines
• Maintain dates in loan origination system pertaining to underwriting (as applicable)
• Submit mortgage loans to automated underwriting systems for approval within investor guidelines
• Assure all FINAL numbers and information is updated in file and system prior to issuing a clearance to close
• Ensure file compliance prior to closing being requested
• All other duties as defined by Employer from time to time
Employee shall engage in origination, producing and funding of mortgage loans only in the states or jurisdictions in which the Branch and Employee is licensed and/or in compliance with policies on referring loans to other Employer branches and origination centers.
Employee recognizes the right of Employer at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion and with or without notice, to change, modify or adopt new rules, policies, procedures, practices and regulations affecting the employment relationship and the operations of the business of Employer and the Branch.
At all times during the performance of services for the Employer, Employee shall strictly comply with and/or ensure that Employee complies with any and all applicable laws, rules, policies, procedures; practices, regulations and ordinances whether promulgated by federal, state or local authorities. Employer or others including, without limitation: the Employer’s Employee Handbook; the Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act; the Equal Credit Opportunity Act; the Truth-In-Lending Act; the Fair Credit Reporting Act; the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act; prohibitions on the making of false, misleading or deceptive statements; prohibitions on quoting interest rates or other loan terms not then available in connection with financing programs offered by lenders through Employer; loan origination, compliance and lender policies, the provisions of this agreement and similar requirements, all as may be in effect from time to time (together referred to as “Law” hereinafter).
Top Wages, Bonus & Benefits:
Full time salary - remote position
Medical, Dental, Vision, Company Paid Life Insurance, 401K (company match up to 2%)
Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.]
2 to 5 years Experience in Mortgage Loan Underwriting
Currently employed as a Mortgage Loan Underwriter or recently employeed as a Mortgage Loan Underwriter.
Truth In Lending Act
Equal Credit Opportunity Act