To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Nasa Drive
Hampton, VA 23666
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Virtual Reality Simulation Software Development
Analytical Mechanics Associates • Hampton, VA
Posted 1 month ago
Analytical Mechanics Associates, Inc., (AMA) is proud of our customer relationships, our diverse and dynamic work environment, and our employees' career satisfaction. AMA is a small business specializing in aerospace engineering, business analytics, information technology, and visualization solutions. AMA combines the best of engineering and mathematics capabilities with the latest in information technologies and visualization to build creative solutions. Headquartered in Hampton, VA, AMA has operations in Huntsville, AL; Dallas and Houston, TX; Denver, CO; Santa Clara and Mountain View, CA; and Edwards Air Force Base, CA. We offer a competitive salary and attractive benefits package, including paid personal leave and holidays, salary deferrals into a 401(k) matching plan with immediate vesting, tuition reimbursement, short/long term disability plans, medical, dental, and vision insurance. Our website (www.ama-inc.com) describes our corporate values and how they apply to the professional success and growth of our employees.
We are looking for a motivated and talented Software Developer with a background in virtual reality technologies and simulation environments to add to our team in Hampton, Virginia in support of our TEAMS3 contract at NASA Langley Research Center.
We are looking for a software developer to contribute to the design, development, and maintenance of several virtual reality (VR) simulation software systems supporting our NASA engineering teams. The successful candidate will work with engineers, artists, and other software developers to develop capabilities to assess future aerospace concepts using VR technologies. These systems include helmet mounted display (HMD) based systems and desktop engineering simulation environments. The candidate will be required to support multiple teams in a very dynamic environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related fields with several years industry experience or applicable graduate work
- Background in the design, development and maintenance of large simulation systems, preferable with a focus on engineering
- Experience with VR technologies including immersive HMD based systems
- Experience with gaming engines and graphics APIs including the Unreal Engine and OpenSceneGraph
- Experience with Oculus and Vive systems preferred
- Experience with C++ with strong object-oriented design background
- User interface development a plus
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience in full life cycle software development
- Experience developing software for Windows and Linux
- Strong communications and writing skills
- Ability to access ITAR and sensitive data required
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency is required.
AMA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State, or local laws .