Daily Tasks / Responsibilities
a. Program, prove out, set up and operate CNC lathes.
● Horizontal & Vertical lathes with live tooling and full Y-Axis, & steady rest for large shafting work.
b. Create & prove out manufacturing process for assigned part from drawing to finished part.
● Must be able to develop appropriate fixturing and work holding methods.
c. Improve existing machining processes and measuring processes. Optimize existing tooling, and research new tooling that can reduce overall part cost.
d. Document machining processes - create process sheets that are easy for machinists to follow.
e. Train new machinists (with or without experience) on all processes on assigned machines.
● 15 + years’ programing/operating CNC lathes
● Expert with Fanuc controls
● Familiarity with Siemens Control a plus
● Familiar with horizontal, vertical, and long bed with steady rest CNC lathes
● Familiar with milling on lathes using Y-Axis.