Position: Warehouse Dock Labor
Locations: Coraopolis, PA
Pay: $12.50 to $14.00 hourly
Hours: M to F
1 needed 8am-4:30pm
1 needed 12pm - 8:30pm
1 needed 2pm - 10:30pm
This local company is the premier provider of reliable, regional, inter-regional and LTL service to customers large and small across our integrated regional network.
You will work alongside a top caliber management team that not only understands the transportation industry but also the importance of utilizing and developing top local talent. If you are looking to build a solid and long-lasting career where you will be recognized and rewarded for your hard work, look to us.
Description of Essential Job Functions:
• Adhere to company safety policies
• Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights and weekends due to varying freight volumes.
• Efficiently sort, handle, load and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriate motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift and by hand as needed.
• Safely climb in and out of trailers.
• Lift freight and other objects of var ous shapes, sizes and weights (up to 30 lbs frequently and greater than 40 lbs occasionally).
• Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies (e.g. pallets, straps, rope).
• Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery.
• Safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel as necessary to perform the job duties.
• Verify and complete required documentation and reports.
• Frequent contact with service center personnel; fast-pace and deadline oriented.
• Safely work in adverse weather conditions.
• Ability to handle hazardous materials.
• Prompt, daily attendance at assigned work location.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
We are an EOE.
• Al least 18 years of age.
• Highly motivated individual with attention to detail
• Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
• Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers)
• supervisors, etc.)
• Ability to bend, twist, squat, pushing/pulling freight throughout shift.
• Ability to follow instructions and complete required training.
• Ability to work independently and/or as a team member.
• Must be able to perform the essential functions with or without accommodation.
• Prior dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry a plus.
• Prior forklift experience in a freight truckload environment preferred.
• Prior experience loading and unloading tractor trailers is preferred
• Pass a company paid Post Offer Pre-Hire (physical essential function) test.
Attention To Detail