To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Springfield, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Outside Plant Design Engineer
Congruex • Springfield, MO
Posted 2 months ago
POSITION OFFERED WITH COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION AND RELOCATION PACKAGE.
The Engineer oversees the design of Outside Plant (OSP) prints, as well as OSP fiber designs with accurate Access Points, calculations, best path analysis, and overall cost effectiveness.
- Develop Right of Way (ROW) analysis of planned fiber plant, including the identification of required Utility and Permit Applications.
- Serve as fiber and OSP design subject-matter expert. Support Project Managers with recommendations and project evaluation.
- Optimize and ”value engineer” an effective fiber engineering design.
- Identify requirements to successfully attach fiber to poles.
- Design, document, verify, and inspect OSP design, routes, and installation.
- Design, document, verify and inspect fiber components such as huts, hubs, splice cases, and terminals.
- Secure and review OSP engineering quotes from vendors.
- Review and optimize fiber routing.
- Review Permit Drawings for quality control and submit for approval.
- Ensure proper handoff between Aerial, Underground, and Leased plant between multiple vendors.
- Evaluate fiber strand capacity and, if necessary, engineer overlash/overbuild facilities
- Attend fiber engineering and deployment calls and meetings.
- Support the generation of third-party Fiber Lease Maps and Reports.
- Vendor management:
- Generate Hub/Hut entry drawings.
- Complete timely Aerial engineering (including windload), Underground engineering, and submittals.
- Create Permit and Aerial Tracking Reports.
- Ensure drafting and Geospatial Standards are met.
- Generate Make-Ready Packages.
- Create Fiber Splice Designs and Cut Sheets.
- Support the generation of Bill of Materials (BOM) and Construction Packages.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics preferred.
- Experience and understanding of OSP construction techniques.
- Experience with various OSP engineering concepts, inclusive of copper and fiber optic cable.
- Previous OSP experience relative to identifying assigned Access Point fiber pairs and designing Aerial and Underground path facilities.
- Advanced expertise in Fiber Splicing.
- Knowledge of Telephone Industry Standards, inclusive of interpreting mechanized assignment records and OSP drafting systems.
- Able to utilize Facility Analysis Process to prepare Work Order drawings and to update related records in an accurate and timely manner.
- Knowledge of fiber networking, routing, and network management.
- ISP fiber planning experience relative to identifying proper design for Hut facilities.
- Utility company experience (permits, ROWs, sketches, coordination, etc.) preferred.
- Experience with all aspects of Telephone Poles: height of attachments, space requirements, class of pole, guying, anchors, cable re-arrangements, span lengths, and pole replacements.
- Experience in designing underground environments such as manholes, handholes, and pedestals to pull fiber optic cable through conduit and access points.
- Experience with engineering in Public ROWs and Private Property to ensure prevention of conflict with existing facilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office/Google suite and Google Earth.
- Ability to adapt to scheduling changes and workflow priorities.
- Occasional travel relative to training and client communications may be required.