To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20017
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Property Accountant
Cordia Resources • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Our client is a progressive and uniquely modeled Real Estate/Development company and is actively seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join their five-person Accounting Team. The company is dynamic and progressive with their operations and has established a reputation for its creative deployment of capital and cultivation of valuable relationships across various geographic regions. This is a superb growth story in the DC real estate marketplace.
Our client is searching for a well experienced Senior Property Accountant, who can handle being the point person for a rapidly growing portfolio of projects. The ideal candidate has a growth mindset is well-versed with the MRI software and has handled the books of residential and commercial properties.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance from reputable institution
· 5+ years of real estate/property industry experience
· Previous experience with MRI software
· Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills
· Ability to work well with team, while being personally motivated
· Ability to effectively prioritize problems and manage multiple requests/expectations
· Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
· Oversee the day to day accounting activities of property administration
· Manage and reconcile Tenant A/R and Property A/P, posting deposits and payment of vendors and services
· Perform bank reconciliations and manage Property cash accounts, including transfers, payments and cash forecasts
· Record a variety of journal entries
· Maintain fixed asset schedules
· Maintain Tenant A/R balances and statements
· Timely recording and payment of vendor A/P
· Meet monthly and quarterly accounting deadlines
· Prepare accounting statements and reports
· Prepare actual to budget variance reports
· Review and prepare portfolio account reconciliations and schedules
· Accurate weekly and monthly reports provided on time
· Provide decision making information to management weekly as needed
· Prepare and assist with state personal property and annual registration filings
· Work with external accountants on company and real estate tax matter