Elara Caring is seeking a leader with procurement & supply chain management (PSCM) experience to strategically source products and services for growing Procurement department. This individual will have a demonstrated track record of leading projects that deliver solid results; in developing and executing strategies, negotiations, and advancing structured sourcing programs. Supplier alignment, contract management, and delivering cost savings targets are core responsibilities. This person will coordinate with several teams across Elara and will interact with our most important suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will work and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings and improve productivity across multiple categories. The ideal candidate takes initiative as a self-starter, being a creative, critical thinker with motivation to learn. Being an effective communicator and be able to work independently and as a leader of peers to generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to partner with people at every level.
- Manage the E2E sourcing process of multiple categories (e.g. fleet, travel, HR, IT, etc.)
- Understand and evaluate market trends in each assigned category.
- Demonstrate ability of working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Capability to work collaboratively across the organization to understand the various procurement requirements at Elara.
- Implement agreements across multiple sites in all regions.
- Establish sourcing strategies that align with Elara’s long-term strategies.
- Ensure that KPIs are tracked, reviewed and reported accurately and on-time.
- Negotiate payment terms, pricing, lead-time etc. when placing contracts and/or purchase orders.
- Initiate and conduct Supplier Relationship Management meetings in order to build relationships, reduce costs, monitor/improve quality, increase/maintain supplier on time delivery and other performance issues.
- Responsible for ongoing new vendor evaluation and leading dept. personnel in product/supplier change.
- Create and manage implementation of strategic projects including project plans, overall tracking capability, reporting of progress within team and up through leadership.
- Set up the governance and processes for the Procurement Council within Elara.
- Focus on critical high value contracts and manage and review current agreements
- Use of a systematic methodology -Collaborate with stakeholders to continuously improve compliance to sourcing processes & policies in order to achieve cost targets and minimize risk exposure.
Education, Previous Work Experience, Skills/Abilities and General Requirements for position
- Recipient of college degree from an accredited college or university with degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering, IT, Business Analytics or related field.
- Minimum of (5) years of procurement & supply chain management experience required.
- Two years of healthcare experience preferred, but not required.
- Proven record of procurement & supply chain management experience
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of ERP / P2P solutions preferred (Workday).
- Two years of practiced analytical skills including the ability to distill, synthesize, and draw conclusions on large amounts of data
- Negotiation and supplier relationship experience required
- Candidate must be able and open to travel, up to 20%
- Master’s degree preferred in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Operations or related field
- Lean / Six-Sigma knowledge
- Prior experience with indirect and service category management (Fleet, travel, HR, IT, etc.)
- Demonstrated top performance in prior role(s), with increasing levels of responsibility.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization/time management and problem-solving skills.
- Proven track record for cultivating strong relationships with key client and supplier stakeholders that have resulted in high customer satisfaction.
- Have good management and leadership skills.
- Have the ability to motivate others in a positive manner.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess well developed interpersonal skills.
- Have the ability to organize work and schedule effectively.
- Be willing and able to foster the team and continuous quality improvement concepts.
- Have the ability to think analytically.
- Have a good knowledge of computers and the ability to learn new computer applications and programs quickly.
- Have a strong foundation in the principles of procurement & supply chain management.
- Must have satisfactory references from previous employers.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history.
- Must be able to pass a random drug test.
- Must have a dependable vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Complex Problem Solving