Opportunity to work for a growing dynamic company with top benefits. They will pay for full benefits which includes medical, dental, vision and short-term disability. They have a 401K 4% match immediately! Great opportunity for growth!
- Assist in preparation of financial statements
- Drive financial discipline and process improvement across all functions
- Research accounting and tax matters
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Assist with fixed asset accounting (additions, disposals, entries, reconciliation, communication with insurance companies)
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of financial statements including the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- Assist with routine and ad hoc reporting, analysis, tracking & monitoring, and budget support
- Cross-train with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll personnel to provide support as needed
- Research accounting procedure questions and provide interpretation of accounting policy and regulations
- Maintain company state and city licenses and registrations
- Assist with preparation of sales tax returns, payroll tax returns, and union reports
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Positive attitude and desire to learn
- Bachelor's Degree - Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in corporate or public accounting; some public accounting experience preferred
- Eligible to sit for CPA or CMA exam; CPA or CMA preferred
- Knowledge of (GAAP) Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience in general ledger account analysis/reconciliation preferred
All candidates must complete a selection assessment and a pre-employment drug screen.
Westport One consistently ranks as one of the top 10 offices within the MRI Network system, which consists of more than 700 offices worldwide.
Our search consultants are Accounting "industry insiders" working specifically with Accounts Payable/Receivable, Staff Accountants, Cost Accountants, Controllers, Accounting Managers, Financial Analysts, Auditors and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) specific positions.
Any inquiries relating to this ad will be kept confidential.
To learn more about our organization please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
To apply for this position, submit your resume by choosing one or more of the following:
- ***CLICKING “APPLY NOW” ON THIS PAGE*** (PREFERRED)
- Fax resume with cover letter to: 314-991-9586. Attention: Kim Carlson. Please refer to job reference code AT/STLstaffacct
NO CALLS PLEASE
Standard Accounting Practices