What’s in it for you?
The opportunity to work in a fun atmosphere with awesome people while being a part of a growing organization that was voted BEST PLACES TO WORK (2018 Business Intelligence Group). We LOVE our employees more than bacon and have a “You First” philosophy, referring to the importance of putting people first.
We also offer:
No night shifts – EVER!
Amazing growth opportunities
Insurance benefits and employee perk programs
Matching 401K contributions
Tuition reimbursement and continuing education programs
First class training
And much more...
- Obtain service area assignments at the beginning of each shift
- Promptly greet customers as they are seated and assist in bring beverages to the table as requested by the server
- Clear tables after customers leave in a quick and efficient manner
- Takes tableware to dish room and place silverware, dishes, glassware, etc. in appropriate areas for washing
- Between settings promptly clean table tops, chairs and booths. Check floor and clean as required.
- Inspect assigned restroom every 15 minutes and clean as needed
- Respond appropriately to customer requests. Communicate customer requests to server immediately
- Communicate with server and hostess to assure efficient seating, table utilization and customer service
- Assist server as needed with food delivery, especially with large parties and during peak periods
- Welcome customers as they arrive and thank customers as they are leaving – demonstrate good people skills
- Show flexibility in terms of your schedule to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the cafe as directed by the café management
- Maintain a high level of personal cleanliness
- Be a team player; help out fellow employees at every opportunity
- No previous restaurant experience required
- Have working knowledge of the predominant language(s) of our customers
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance
- Honesty and Integrity
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to effectively communicate with customers, management and coworkers
- Basic math skills – arithmetic – the ability to make change
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Multi-task oriented – ability to perform multiple job functions at one time
- Follow workplace safety procedures
- Walk and stand throughout the entire shift
- Continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, and wipe
- Regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Frequently wash hands
- Moderate exposure to extreme temperatures
- Must report to work in a neat, clean uniform and present a well-groomed, hygienic appearance
- First Watch will supply employee with non-slip shoes, to be maintained by employee. If the
shoes become unusually soiled or damaged, employee must notify management for
replacement. First Watch will replace safety shoes as needed due to normal wear and tear
The Busser works with all levels of management and staff within the café. Additionally, positive
professional contact with customers is required to provide an exceptional quest experience.
Serve Alcoholic Beverage