To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Charlotte, NC
- Siddharth Pasupulati
- Phone: (248) 234-6129
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
User Experience Designer
ICONMA • Charlotte, NC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Location: Charlotte, NC/ Remote
Duration: 6 months
Team’s main responsibility:
Labs as a Service – we provide innovation services to clients. These include multi-day on-site design thinking & innovation events, prototype design & development, concept and usability testing, and piloting efforts.
We are part of client Advisors, a joint venture between client and Advisors to make the Labs innovation process available to clients.
Culture of the team:
We are very much a results-oriented group. Clients love us because we produce high quality results very quickly. We are all experts at what we do and work well independently with minimal supervision, trying to maintain a fun, laid-back environment in the midst of an often-hectic schedule.
It will be 100% design work – designing highly usable and visually striking mobile and desktop applications, PPT presentations, and artifacts such as infographics, journey maps, and event/marketing materials.
Some of this work will be done “outside of" an innovation event, and some of it will be done during an innovation event – ranging from 2 – 5 days in length. While at innovation events, work often extends into the evening.
Years of experience: 2 minimum
Top 3 required technical skills:
- User-centered experience design of mobile and desktop applications, proficient along the full spectrum of design, from sketching to wireframe to final polished visual design.
- Strong visual designer.
- Ability to interact with clients - present designs, receive feedback, collaborate and ideate.
Desired/nice to have skills:
- Good understanding of/experience with design thinking methods and rapid prototyping.
- Good understanding of/experience with user research.
- Graphic design experience, marketing/print/branding.
- Ability to stay cool under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate well with team (designers, developers, videographers, facilitators, account team).
- Ability to work within uncertainty.
Client is looking for brilliant and passionate UX Designers to join its customer-facing global innovation services team - Labs as a Service. Client as a Service is a rapid-prototyping and innovation design services team, working with client’s global customer base of Fortune 500 companies, and spanning all aspects of global commerce.
In this UX Designer role, you will be a key member of a highly agile team of engineers and creatives, working to build product prototypes and pilots, in collaboration with global brands in commerce. This is an opportunity to become part of a world-class innovation team, dynamically solving real-world customer problems, and delivering transformational product and service solutions focused on globally trending topics and issues.
- In this role you will travel with a team of engineers and creatives to deliver innovation events at client sites across the US, and occasionally internationally.
- For each event, you’ll work to understand the client and their customer, the problem to be solved, and decide on the best design approach. You’ll be responsible for creating sketches, flows, wireframes, visuals, and/or hi-fidelity prototypes as needed to collaboratively design with the client and the Labs as a Service team.
- When not traveling, your days will be a mix of preparing for upcoming events by researching and prepping materials and wrapping-up completed events by making final changes to the deliverables.
- In addition to these innovation events, you will also support longer-term engagements such as detailed design iterations and prototyping for concept and usability testing, as well as pilot buildouts.
- Experience in a UX Designer role, preferably with mobile applications.
- Experience presenting designs and explaining design decisions to high-level stakeholders.
- Experience working closely with developers and product owners and ability to help drive consensus amongst differing viewpoints.
- Ability to work quickly and independently, and to accept feedback, direction, and shifting priorities graciously.
- Experience with design thinking or other innovation/user experience design and ideation methodologies and techniques. (Experience facilitating design exercises a plus.)
- Experience creating and/or using a variety of design artifacts, for example personas, journey maps, user flows, scenarios, storyboards, sketches, and wireframes.
- Experience with common UX design and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Strong visual design skills and a passion for creating compelling, intuitive, and beautiful interfaces.
- Experience with print design, illustration, and/or visual identity a strong plus.
- Experience in both start-up and corporate environments a plus.
As an equal opportunity employer, ICONMA prides itself on creating an employment environment that supports and encourages the abilities of all persons regardless of race, color, gender, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, or disability.