The Banquet Server position is hands-on providing the highest degree of professional catering service to members and guests for private events.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, include but are not limited to:
• Follow instructions for each event as given by the Service Director and/or Banquet Captain.
• Serve and service guests in a professional manner consistent with established standards and guidelines.
• Assist with preparation and set-up of event room when necessary.
• Prepare tables with place settings as instructed by the Service Director and/or Banquet Captain.
• Attend pre-function meeting for briefing of event details.
• Provide friendly and courteous member/guest service at all times.
• Remain at assigned station and perform duties as assigned according to each event.
• Report any member/guest concerns or complaints to Banquet Captain or Service Director.
• Follows all food and alcohol safety related requirements and standards • Adhere to strict grooming standards and policies of company.
Perform other duties as assigned and deemed necessary.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of one (1) year of Food & Beverage, Catering, or Banquet Service experience
• Country Club experience preferred
JOB KNOWLEDGE, CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS
• Working knowledge of catering services and terminology
• Strong guest services skills
• Ability to get along well with others
• Ability to receive and carry out instructions in a timely manner
• Must be able to remain in a stationary position for long periods of time
BANQUET SERVER JOB DESCRIPTION
• Must be able to move about the clubhouse and banquet rooms to service members
• Occasional lifting and carrying of items up to 50 lbs.
• Occasional pushing or pulling of items up to 50 lbs.