The company is a global science & technology innovator committed to helping their customers solve complex challenges and improve quality of life worldwide. Their world class brands are leaders in some of the most demanding and attractive industries, including life sciences, medical diagnostics, dental, environmental and applied solutions. Their globally diverse team of 71,000 associates is united by a common culture and operating system, which serves as their competitive advantage. The company generated over $18 billion in revenue last year.
The division is a global leader in workflow solutions and automation in the life science industry. As the only company to own the workflow from biopsy to diagnosis, they are uniquely positioned to break down the barriers between each of these steps. Their easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence. The company is represented in over 100 countries. It has manufacturing facilities in 9 countries, sales and service organizations in 19 countries, and an international network of dealers.
The Core Histology Marketing Senior Manager will be responsible for owning and managing the commercial marketing plan for the company’s core histology instrument and consumables portfolio to deliver incremental growth in the Americas (U.S., Canada, LATAM) market. He/she will manage a team of marketing managers tasked with defining market segmentation that allows for growth success based on analytics, developing marketing strategy, and creation/execution of demand generation campaigns through digital and traditional channels. He/she will also be responsible for the core histology marketing team’s execution of the go-to-market strategy of products within the Core Histology portfolio as well as any new products set to launch. Additionally, he/she will drive marketing content development to enhance our ability to win against major competitors.
- Lead team of 3 associates
Marketing Plan and Campaign Development
- Develop market segmentation to create compelling marketing plans, value proposition and positioning for Core Histology Portfolio
- Develop marketing campaigns and programs aimed principally at Laboratory Managers and Technologists (and secondarily to the Pathologist) to drive demand and increase market share;
- Drive the company’s Core Histology presence at major events (messaging, KOL’s)
- Lead Voice of Customer activities to capture product reception and validate new marketing opportunities as well as track market share
- Identify key value drivers and synergies between Core Histology products and create compelling campaigns to increase multi-product line placements
- Define content strategy and develop content aligned with the target persona(s) to drive brand preference
- Collaborate with digital marketing for campaign execution through appropriate digital channels
- Lead clinical marketing initiatives (e.g. – symposia, clinical studies, testimonials) aimed to increase awareness and brand of the Core Histology portfolio.
- Maintain regional product responsibility over the Core Histology portfolio in working with the global business unit product management team
- Understand competitive landscape and strategy to inform positioning and create winning sales argumentation
- Establish strong relationships with Key Opinion Leaders to build reference site and generate evidence for product performance.
- Business Development & Strategy
- Own the go-to-market strategy plan for Core Histology in close collaboration with the global business units (BUs)
- Develop pricing strategies designed to achieve margin and revenue targets for new and existing products
- Conduct, execute on business strategy activities to include total available market, market share, segmentation, competitive analysis and product positioning
- Collaborate with the BU on product roadmapping, new product development, and product management activities
- Collaborate with Core Histology, Advanced Staining, and Pathology Imaging marketing leaders to develop full lab solution offerings, synergies, and value propositions
- MBA desired, BA in business, marketing or similar field
- Minimum 10 years of experience in commercial marketing, strategic marketing, and/ or product management
- 5+ years of experience leading marketing teams (off-site and on-site) through successful product launches
- Strong leadership skills, program management abilities and demonstrated success influencing a global team
- Experience in the tissue diagnostics industry, specifically with Anatomical Pathology, Oncology, a plus
- Demonstrated experience in data-driven marketing and analytics
- Experience working with clinical labs, hospitals and Key Opinion Leaders
- Demonstrated experience in developing marketing plans and campaign content aligned with persona’s to drive demand
- Clear Thinking: ability to translate market data into marketing actions that drive impact on growth
- Charts the Course: ability to prioritize and focus marketing activities based on defined marketing objectives
- Collaborative: drives collaboration across Core Histology and other product lines; understands how to leverage other teams (digital, global marketing, BU) and is good at influencing
- Executive Presence: has the ability to present plans in a concise and clear manner
- Sense of Urgency: drives not just the strategy but also the execution of marketing programs with agility.
• Up to 30%
New Product Development