GAMA-1 Technologies is seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to perform systems administration within a Linux environment providing Managed Hosting and private Cloud services. Our Federal customer provides hosting and support of mission-critical systems in an enterprise virtual Linux environment. The successful candidate should be an experienced leader and motivator, highly experienced Linux administrator, a proactive team player with strong analytical and technical communication skills supporting NOAA’s private cloud services, providing our Nation with the weather, water, and climate data, forecasts and warnings for the protection of life and property.
The successful candidate will have experience installing, configuring and maintaining Federal Government clustered servers running on Linux and day-to-day operations administration employing fault tolerance and high availability technologies. Candidates will provide for the installation, configuration, optimization, maintenance, and support for virtualized servers/blades that support various operational, test, and development activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Domain Expert with Red Hat Linux / VMware systems administration, security patching, OS upgrades, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring maximum availability within a 24x7/365 operational environment.
- Working with the application teams to troubleshoot, maintain, and implement solutions to optimize the Infrastructure operations
- Manage the installation of new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software and hardware related problems.
- Efficiency improvements, process creation, and improvement, and managing daily operational integrity.
- Develop a strong business relationship with our customer.
- Provide optimization, performance tuning, integration, and testing activities as well as environment configuration and issue resolution activities as-needed.
- Provide rotational on-call after hours support for a 24x7/365 environment
- Install in-house and Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software
- Perform housekeeping functions, including the deletion of orphaned processes, backing up critical files and maintaining recovery processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve system hardware and software problems
- Interface with vendor technical personnel in providing problem resolution
- Assist in the maintenance of system-level IT security procedures
- Monitor and support the processes, which move and manipulate environmental data throughout the computing environment
- Participate and contribute ideas and suggestion to IT architecture planning and implementations.