Duties and Responsibilities
· System implementation, integration, and maintenance and operations, including the investigation of complex technical problems.
· Provide Linux System Administration for development, test and production environments
· Respond to user issues, via calls, email or tickets and work to resolve the matter promptly.
· Must have ability to lift up to 40 lbs and crawl under desks to connect IT hardware.
· Responsible for managing computational resources including resource allocation, performance measurement, failover operations, reporting operations, maintenance, and resource planning, providing System Administration support for an enterprise level and development system comprised of Linux platforms, and support the upgrade of hardware and software.
· User Account management with skills in the areas of LDAP protocols and Active Directory
· Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including, but not limited to:
· Patch maintenance
· Changes as required by evolution of production environments
· Updating software and software configurations
· Participate in process improvement.
· Participate in design and review of new systems and applications.
· Coordinate with network engineering to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of Linux systems to meet business demands.
· Perform file system configuration and management.
· Create and modify Linux shell scripts.
· Perform rudimentary database administration tasks.
· Troubleshoot and resolve software configuration problems.
· Define and perform system backups and recovery procedures.
· Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
· Review and implement new Linux system releases and vendor supplied patches.
· Maintain Linux training materials and systems documentation.
BS/BA degree in a related area (or equivalent), and 6 to 8 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Plus:
· 3+ years’ of experience in providing enterprise operations support of Redhat Linux Versions 6, 7
· 3+ years’ of experience in enterprise implementations/build of Redhat Linux Versions 6, 7
· 3+ years’ of VMware vSphere 5/6 experience; Understanding of VMware vSphere components
· 1+ year of Ubuntu
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience is required.
· Working technical knowledge of shell scripting
· Familiarity with network protocols
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation
· Work independently on a given task with little to minimum assistance and within the framework of a team
· Ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance, Public Trust
· Linux certification(s) (ie: RHCSA, RHCE, LPIC)
· ITIL certification
Software Configuration Management
Ubuntu (Operating System)