To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
6 Parkway Center Drive South
Pittsburgh, PA 15220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Easterseals Western and Central Pennsylvania is a non-profit organization providing programs and services to children and individuals with disabilities and other special needs. We are looking to hire a dynamic nurturing School Nurse to care for children ages 3-8. This is a full time position at 30 hours a week with some travel between three schools. The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. It is full-time at 30 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-3pm.
Easterseals Western & Central Pennsylvania
Manager, School Program
The School Nurse is responsible for providing medical care and nursing services to students with special health care needs, as well as providing consultation, training and support to employees and parents as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Review medical files and records; update accordingly.
2. Develop and implement health care and emergency care plans specific to individual student needs.
Train staff as needed on procedures for implementation of both health care and emergency care plans.
3. Implement interdisciplinary aspects of students’ current Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) which includes, but is not limited to, the following: communication systems, behavioral interventions, feeding approaches, sensory diet, and mobility recommendations.
4. Track and maintain immunization records and report to appropriate county health departments and Department of Education.
5. Keep current on school nursing requirements to include but not limited to immunization guidelines, child abuse, medication administration, etc.
6. Maintain and supply First Aid Cabinets, AED and CPR training equipment.
7. Develop Fire and Disaster Drill procedures and monitor implementation at each school site.
8. Comply with Easterseals policies and procedures and recommend changes as required.
9. Research and provide medical care and training for employees and parents of children currently enrolled in the Easterseals program; this would not be limited to the primary diagnosis of the student. This could include training related to procedures of medically fragile children.
10. Handle routine and emergency care for children enrolled in the Easterseals school programs.
11. Promote good health procedures: through training of all staff on cleaning and disinfection procedures, diapering procedures, etc.
12. Provide medical consultation and advice to all school sites as it relates to the medical needs of the students.
13. Administer medications, as required.
14. Perform tube feeding, tracheal tube care, ventilation care, catheterization and/or other medical care for students when present. Provide annual training to education staff in performing specific medical procedures for students.
15. Contact parents of students when medical attention is required.
16. Attend workshops, conferences, trainings specific to school nurses to maintain requirements and licensing.
17. Provide CPR, First Aid and AED instruction and other in-service training on various syndromes, disabilities and treatment when requested by Manager, School Programs.
18. Training 1:1 agency nurses on policies at Easterseals.
19. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EQUIPMENT USED/MACHINERY REQUIRED TO OPERATE
Includes, but is not limited to:
● Office Equipment (i.e., telephone, copy machine, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
● Adaptive Equipment (including communication and mobility devices)
● Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 35 pounds (Note: two-person lift is required for weights greater than 35 pounds or mechanical devices are available for assistance) as needed.
● Required to walk, bend, squat, reach and move about the majority of the time; may involve sitting for brief periods of time.
● Graduate of an accredited BSN program or school of nursing required.
● PA Professional Registered Nurse License required.
● PA Professional Certificate in School Nursing required.
● Completion of educational credits needed to maintain license/certification required.
● CPR trainer certification preferred.
● Acceptable Criminal Record Check required.
● Acceptable Child Abuse History Clearance required.
● Acceptable FBI Clearance required.
● Passing of physical examination and TB required.
The position offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package. It is full-time at 30 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-3pm.
Easterseals is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.