We're seeking a Lead LIS (Laboratory Information Systems) Analyst (Sunquest) for a FTE opportunity located in southern CA. Position is remote until June 2021 then will be required to go onsite. Relocation required for a non local candidate. Must have Sunquest experience.
What will you be doing in this role?
Under broad direction, responsible for overseeing and leading a team in the support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems (LIS) including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory. This work requires an expertise in laboratory science, communication and management skills, plus a solid knowledge base in laboratory information systems.
- Establishes operational goals/objectives/support and assignments to team members and laboratory operations counterparts.
- Provides deep clinical laboratory operations and LIS subject matter build expertise.
- Provides technical support and maintenance to the LIS as well as integration systems and middleware.
- Ensures cross-functional integration of projects and assignments, implementation coordination with operations and other departments, as well as transition to support functions.
- Helps ensure continuous real-time operation of clinical laboratory information systems (24x7).
- Projects include version upgrades of laboratory and pathology information systems, point-of-care systems, digital pathology systems, and workflow analysis and optimizations for the laboratory.
Other responsibilities include:
Lead a team in the support, maintenance, and testing of clinical laboratory information systems including databases, interfaces, and operational aspects of the laboratory.
- Functions as project manager and the primary team liaison between department and the laboratory end-users to ensure optimal workflow design, system build for customization, and optimization of the LIS. Interacts with system and support vendors as needed.
- Serves as the relevant clinical laboratory and LIS/application expert to team members, other personnel, and end-users/business owners on LIS integration and touch-point areas. Provides highest-level expertise in design integration and touch points with LIS and/or other applications.
- Establishes operational goals/objectives/support and coordinates configuration, build, and testing assignments to team members and laboratory operations counterparts.
- Acts as system manager of the LIS and reviews/approves all change requests and testing documentation.
- Assigns tasks and oversees the analysis, testing, and implementation of updates, changes, and maintenance to laboratory information systems (LIS) and related applications. Ensures end-users/business owners are notified.
- Mentors and motivates team members and oversees team member work for quality and compliance. Assists management with hiring, on-boarding, training, and ongoing assessment of team performance.
- Oversees and facilitates the integration of end-user/business owner needs and translates clinical/operational needs and workflow into system specifications and configuration requirements.
- Ensures adequate documentation is provided for support, end-user training, and compliance/accreditation.
- Provides content and maintains application/system-associated knowledge management documents (KMs) for troubleshooting and HelpDesk Services.
- Develop and maintain team on-call schedule and provide on-call support.
FYI: Required to participate in after-hours on-call support activities.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of relevant experience, education, and training is required.
What else are we looking for?
- Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Scientist or relevant license is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of (5) years relevant laboratory information systems (LIS) experience is preferred
- Epic or EMR equivalent experience preferred
- Expert technical and functional knowledge of assigned laboratory information systems required
- Experience in leading, supervising, and developing teams strongly preferred
- Strong project management experience and knowledge of project management methodologies and experience managing multiple projects
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Exceptional skill in working independently with minimal supervision and manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including oral and written communications
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
Complex Problem Solving