Saint Mary’s College seeks a Student Accounts Manager responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Student Accounts Office. The position assists with the analysis, planning, and implementation of new information systems to better meet the needs of both internal and external staff and students. This position is responsible for the billing of student accounts receivable for new, continuing, and former students. The Student Accounts Manager will work closely with the Controller and other departments on campus to ensure daily operations, processing, communication, and controls are effective and efficient. Responsible for managing all payment and collection activity of all AR accounts for undergraduate, graduate, and summer programs. As well providing excellent customer service to students, parents, and staff. This position will serve as the face of the Business Office during times of presentations for incoming and returning students. Responsibilities include:
- Lead the collection of student accounts receivables and work with other offices to coordinate billing needs as well as, managing 3rd party billing for outside scholarships.
- Provide excellent customer service to students, families, and colleagues who have inquiries into the area of student accounts.
- Provides financial counseling for parents and students regarding payment options and payment plans with authority to negotiate special arrangements, while complying with FERPA regulations. When necessary, resolves problems and questions with students or parents regarding student finances. Contact and initiates the settling of student account balances in escalated or special situation.
- Communicates regularly with offices such as the Financial Aid Office, Registrar’s Office, Residence Life, Admission, and Academic Advising to make the Student Information System (SIS) operations as seamless as possible for students.
- Manages and updates semester payment plans, external website, community portal, and yearly communication to incoming students.
- Ensures compliance with college, state, and federal regulations and standard account procedures.
- Participate in the monthly reconciliation of Student Account Office records with the general ledger to ensure complete agreement of billing, receipts, disbursements, and outstanding receivable records.
- Completes year-end reconciliation. Assists with discrepancies in receivables balances.
- Oversee automated Student Information System (SIS) processes.
- Contact students with past due balances and prepare information to use for submission to collection agency in accordance with the College’s policy.
Qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience, minimum of two years accounts receivable or related experience. Knowledge of FERPA and Title IV funding guidelines necessary. Must possess the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Basic accounting skills and proficiency using MS Office, Excel required.
Saint Mary’s College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In keeping with the College’s mission, Saint Mary’s is committed to increasing racial and ethnic diversity at all levels—students, faculty, and staff—and seeks applications from candidates who share this commitment.