To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Waterbury, CT
- Melanie Billings
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Program Assistant - East Campus
Easter Seals Greater Waterbury, Central & NW Connecticut • Waterbury, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Per Diem position; must be available between 7:30am-5:30pm
Under the Supervision of the Site Manager and daily direction from the Site Coordinator and Lead Teacher responsible for assisting Lead and Assistant Teacher in overall classroom and playground operations, implementing a developmentally appropriate program and providing a high quality of education and care for students. Float to various classrooms providing coverage as needed.
- Assist the Lead Teacher and Assistant Teacher in daily classroom supervision, including outdoor play activities using positive discipline techniques to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
- Assist the Lead Teacher & Assistant Teacher in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Supervise the children at all times to ensure their welfare, health and safety.
- Greet and address each child by name; treat all children, parents and staff with dignity and respect.
- Interact, engage and assist children at all times to provide a nurturing learning environment.
- Assist the site in multiple capacities: kitchen support, classroom support, office support as directed by the Site Manager, Site Coordinator and/or Lead Teacher.
- Assist in the practice and documentation of monthly fire and lock down drills.
- Assist in the preparation of materials, equipment, and information for the daily program
- Take daily attendance and lunch count including reports for CACFP.
- Use appropriate food handling, sanitation and OSHA procedures at all times.
- Maintain classroom and storage materials in a neat, orderly and safe manner.
- Perform general housekeeping tasks i.e. floors, tables cabinets, toys, counters, shelves, staff kitchen/lounge, cots and cubbies etc.
- Required to attend staff meetings, departmental special events (day, evening and/or weekends) workshops, conferences or in-services as directed by the Site Manager.
- Displays and upholds Easterseals core values of collaboration, respect, caring, excellence and accountability. Consistently demonstrates caring for the community we serve, for one another, and for the organization they are part of, and contributes to building trust, pride and camaraderie.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL REQUIREMENTS, AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- Infant, toddler and preschool development. Knowledge of Early Childhood Education, School Readiness and Connecticut Early Learning and Development standards.
- Warm and nurturing demeanor.
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish/English) / (Albanian/English).
- Work in all infant/toddler and preschool classrooms, possibly work with children with communicable diseases and varying abilities.
- Use knowledge of child development to assess and plan for individual children.
- Personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Child Care Centers, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities.
- Approachable to children and adults of all socioeconomic levels in a professional manner.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written and verbal directions without constant supervision.
- This position may be authorized to have access to protected Health Information (PHI) to perform specific job duties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, current college-level coursework strongly preferred.
- Annually must complete and record staff development hours equal to one (1) percent of hired annual hours (for example, a forty (40) hour a week employee must complete twenty (20) hours a year).
- A minimum of 6 months working with young children strongly preferred.
An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer