This position will be responsible to:
• Conduct collection campaigns on each assigned client that consist of professionally handled phone calls and email correspondence to secure timely payment of obligations.
• Address short paid amounts and provide any necessary backup & documentation as required.
• Ensure that customer statements are sent in a timely manner.
• Access customer payment portals to retrieve payment and dispute details. Log disputes as required.
• Liaise with internal departments to resolve issues such as misapplied cash, documentation issues, cargo holds, credit issues, etc.
• Assist customers with reconciliation of overpayments, refunds, small balances & offsets in order to maintain current status of customer accounts.
• Provide updates on collection progress as required.
• Audit of accounts to be written up and submitted for legal action. Ensuring all proper documentation is provided and procedures have been followed before submission for approval.
• Miscellaneous related duties or Projects as assigned.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Requirements: **Must be proficient in Excel**
• High School Diploma required.
• The ideal candidate for this position will have 2 years of corporate collections experience including interaction with a large customer base.
• Finance experience with emphasis on credit & collections
• Exceptional interpersonal & communication skills (written & verbal).
• Strong organizational, time management, priority setting & high level of analytical & problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to coordinate information from various sources.
• Possess a mindset with strong customer service skills that clearly recognizes the importance & sensitivity of our customers.
• Proficiency in computer skills to include Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint),
• Creative, self-disciplined and capable of identifying and completing critical tasks independently and with a sense of urgency.
• Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy
• Must be available to work on site 8am-5pm, Monday thru Friday.
Skill Sets / Education & Experience Preferred:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field preferred.
• Knowledge of the ocean container shipping industry a plus but not required.
• Internal candidates – familiarity with functions of different internal departments such as Finance, Exports, Rates & Detention & Demurrage a plus.
Come along on CMA CGM’s adventure ! CMA CGM (America) LLC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected classification.