This position will be working day shift at our client site (The Boeing Company) in Charleston, SC. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of HVAC systems utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, electrical schematics, pneumatic and electronic control systems, pipe fitting, welding and brazing and mechanical layouts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for servicing HVAC equipment on assigned projects and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Performs repairs, overhauls, and start-ups of commercial HVAC systems
• Uses a variety of hand tools, following blueprints, wiring diagrams, piping schemes or engineering specifications, to diagnose and repair units.
• Identifies, analyzes, diagnoses, and repairs HVAC systems
• Performs preventative maintenance, and modifications as needed or requested by customers.
• Maintains tools and equipment by inspecting for signs of wear.
• Documents work by completing paperwork on each job and maintaining files.
• Determines parts to order for repairs and timeliness of need.
• Provides technical support to customers.
• Flexibility to work overtime/weekends as required.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must have prior HVAC experience in all aspects of commercial and industrial HVAC including copper and duct work.
• Ability to troubleshoot, repair, diagnose and maintain related HVAC equipment (split systems (both water and air cooled), chillers, water source equipment, electric heaters etc.
• Must have knowledge of AHU, RTU, VAV, CRAC, VRG, OAF, EF, chillers, boilers, duct systems, line sets.
• Universal EPA certification.
• Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly with supervisor/co-workers and understand direction from supervisor/client.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, bend, twist, stand and reach repetitively, operate moving equipment, and work in hot/cold/damp/cramped environments.
• Candidate may be required to pass a drug test and Criminal background check.
Brazing (Metal Work)
Pipe (Fluid Conveyance)