Do you thrive on spotting and pursuing value-add and solution sales opportunities? Are you skilled at maximizing existing and new customer relationships to deliver profitable revenue? Is selling innovative, smart-technology, brand-elevating solutions to customers, your area of expertise?
Our cutting-edge, R&D-driven, and customer-focused client improves lives through innovative and sustainable chemistry that alerts, protects, and surprises CPG consumers. Enhancing CPGs’ point-of-sale differentiation and consumer interaction increases consumers’ purchase intent, contributes to increased CPGs’ sales and market shares. They are searching for a bold Senior Sales Executive who shares their excitement for enabling brands to enhance consumer engagement through creative and value-add features on consumer packaging.
The ideal candidate will be experienced and success-proven with selling innovation and technologies – from concept, to design, to execution – to global CPG brands. The Senior Sales Executive will know they are successful when new verticals are opened, shares within existing verticals are maximized, and when shares of wallet of existing and new brand customers are maximized, to accelerate profitable revenue growth and commercial momentum at the organization.
The Senior Sales Executive will report to the client’s Chief Commercial Officer and will have the coveted perk of being able to live anywhere in the U.S. and work domestically and globally.
- Break into new verticals while maximizing shares of existing verticals as well as brand and converter customers.
- Develop and execute sales strategies and Play-to-Wins leveraging proven Right-to Wins.
- Use Brand-Push and Converter-Pull concepts to sell while influencing the brands’ agencies.
- Grow pipeline and drive its commercialization towards constant and high-margin new revenue streams.
- Increase revenue and margins.
- Understand and work within complex decision-making units at brands and converts, including regulations.
- Prospect and build relationships with new customers.
- Travel to visit existing customers and prospects while maximizing the use of remote working tools.
- Work with internal sales operations, customer and technical service as well as marketing and R&D teams to quote products & solutions and custom applications requests, etc.
- Collaborate with Marketing and R&D in approved creations of new product specifications for manufacturing while focusing on successfully leveraging and commercializing proven Right-to-Wins by optimizing existing and develop new Play-to-Wins.
- Work with CCO to develop strategic account planning processes that develop mutual performance objectives, financial targets and critical milestones.
- Identify and penetrate business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry.
- Oversee the sales strategy of targeted segments, brands, and converters related to identifying prospects and key decision-makers within the company's target accounts, managing the entire relevant relationship matrix within the brand, converter and agency constellation, while having experience navigating large multinational global CPG organizations and networking to find the right leads & contacts.
- Ensures ongoing high customer and technical service with the company’s clients in close collaboration with Sales Operations to “farm” existing business in the most effective & efficient ways while focusing on/maximizing commercializing new projects with existing and new customers.
- Hands-on experience and an outstanding track record of add-value and solution selling, “hunting”, sales management, sales and business development and training success.
- This leader must have deep experience and proven success in leading with a sense of importance and urgency in a culture of accountability.
- Understands complex technical aspects of the delivery, while selling an idea/function/value to a brand & agency vs. just a product.
- Understands lead times for brands to commercialize new packaging initiatives and the decision process inside an organization and the role the retailers play.
- Has proven track record of successfully selling technology and/or innovative products, directly and indirectly.
- Collaborative sales leader who is confident and assertive in style, but respectful of others.
- Team-oriented with the ability to build deep relationships and earn the respect of team members, internally and externally.
- Strategic thinker, who possesses exceptional interpersonal skills needed to effectively learn, share and engage the entire organization.
- A strong drive for results and a can-do attitude; high energy and a balanced ego.
- Exceptional analytical and strategic assessment skills while being strong in execution.
- Smart and dynamic individual with outstanding communication skills; exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Unquestionable integrity.
- Action-oriented, results driven, flexible with a strong and disciplined work ethic.
- Self-initiative and is accountable for timely decisions.
- Willingness to domestic and global travel as needed.
- Brings demonstrated ability to identify emerging market trends and opportunities.
- The successful candidate must bring a high level of ethical, intellectual, professional, and personal values that complement the team and fit and excel within the company culture.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, or something similar.
- Master’s Degree a plus.
- Min. of 15 years of demonstrated sales success.
- Previous CPG brand experience.
- Able to push-sell innovative add-value ideas to brands while influencing the brands’ agencies and pulling the implementation of these ideas through respective converters.
New Business Development