JMI Resource is hiring for a Fundraising Development Director in the Sarasota/Bradenton area. This role will engage and bring in new donors and must have grant writing experience.
1. Lead fundraising efforts of the affiliate in alignment with its mission and guiding principles to achieve the affiliate’s strategic plan; establish short- and long-range goals for funding sources; provide leadership in identifying new sources of revenue for organization.
2. Responsible for stewarding existing individual and corporate donors and cultivating new donors.
3. Write and administer grant proposals; research public and private grant agencies.
4. Serve as staff liaison working with corporations, faith groups, community organizations to raise funds.
5. Insure visibility and promote the organization’s positive contributions and impact in the community; provide input into the creation of fundraising materials, content and tools for fundraising such as brochures, campaign materials, social media etc.
6. Manage the donor database system to track current and prospective donors; prepare or oversee the preparation of acknowledgment materials to send to donors.
7. Serve as a spokesperson for the affiliate along with making public presentations to business, civic, community, and religious groups and volunteer organizations to share the affiliate’s mission and solicit donations.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business or a related field or equivalent education and experience; minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in developing, managing and implementing a variety of fundraising strategies. Able to pass a criminal and driving background check, a sexual offender check and a drug screen. Willing and able to work a flexible schedule, extended hours, and occasional overtime and weekends as well as travel overnight as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills; good listening skills.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team and have strong people skills.
• Well-organized and detail-oriented; able to anticipate tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Strong customer service skills, professional telephone skills and helpful friendly manner.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and prior experience with Donor Perfect database software is preferred.
• Creative energetic, detail-oriented and capable of managing multiple tasks.
• Effective leadership and relationship building skills to work successfully with diverse constituents (staff, Board members, volunteers, donors, and the public at large).