To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC 20001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
NAIC - National Association of Insurance Commissioners • Washington, DC
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Government Relations Team of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Assistant. We are looking for a team member who would enjoy working for an organization that strives every day to support the public good and make a difference. Are you detail orientated, enjoy working on multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while delivering excellent service? If so, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
The person in this position will specifically support the Health Policy Team with coordinating meetings, drafting correspondence, travel and expense reporting and NAIC committee support. They will work directly with both internal and external customers so top notch customer service skills are a must.
This position is a full-time and located in the NAIC’s Executive Office’s in Washington D.C. This position may require overnight travel to national meetings annually. Must be available and willing to travel to such locations and with such frequency as the Association determines is necessary
- Provides administrative support to the health policy team with all aspects of their work including coordinating meetings, drafting correspondence, production and distribution of materials, travel and expense processing, NAIC committee support processes, and stakeholder engagement with strong member or customer service acumen.
- Assists with preparation and distribution of presentation materials, minutes, summaries, drafting correspondence, and implementing updates for team content on the NAIC website for meetings, conferences, regulatory dialogues, and other forums
- Answers the telephone in a timely and professional manner, transfers callers appropriately, accurately take messages, answers questions, and responds to inquiries while providing exceptional customer support to callers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced work environment and ability to successfully handle multiple projects to completion with careful attention to detail.
- Possess an excellent ability to exercise independent, mature judgment and discretion.
- Exceptional project management/organizational skills, excellent proofreading skills, ability to work in a team environment, be able to meet deadlines, and provide superior written communication
Why Work at the NAIC/NIPR?
· Flexible Work Environment
· 37.5 Hour Work Week
· Tuition Reimbursement
· Referral Bonuses
· Choice of Insurance Plans
· Vacation Buy Back
· Infants in the Work Place
· Adoption Assistance
· Parental Leave
· Employee Recognition Programs
· Days Off for Community Service
· Student Loan Repayment Program
The NAIC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
For consideration, please apply online at:
Minimum Education and/or experience required:
Associate degree (A.A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; a minimum of five years related experience; and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience working on Capitol Hill