Operations Mechanic Levels I – III
Fareva is currently seeking an experienced Operations Mechanic Levels I - III to join their team in Richmond, VA.
Who we are: Fareva is a leading contract manufacturer of pharmaceutical and personal care products. Located at the intersection of Darbytown Road and Laburnum Avenue in Eastern Henrico County, Fareva employs over 500 full time employees.
Performs specific assignments to ensure that equipment in various manufacturing, packaging and related areas operate properly and is maintained. Operates, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs equipment associated with the packaging of pharmaceutical products. Performs routine preventive maintenance, equipment changeovers, equipment cleaning and set-up. Performs duties with advanced skill on many different types of equipment. Applies advanced working knowledge and experience to independently improve maintenance techniques and operations.
- Adheres strictly to all cGMP’s, PPG’s, regulatory and safety standards and procedures to ensure the quality and integrity of products and safety of employees
- Keeps working area in a clean and orderly condition according to PPG’s and 5S principles
- Ensures that all machine guards, interlocks and other safety devices are properly installed and maintained in good working order. Follows established lockout procedures when working on equipment
- Adjusts or replaces machine parts as necessary to facilitate the repair and/or changeover of equipment to manufacture or package various products
- Troubleshoots and maintains manufacturing and/or packaging equipment at required operating levels, through the performance of proper preventive maintenance and major overhauls in order to meet departmental production standards on equipment in several lines
- Records in respective logbooks all lubrication, maintenance or repairs made on equipment in accordance with the department’s preventive maintenance program
- Reports all accidents, incidents, near misses, and potential hazards to supervision immediately
- Assists Operators to maintain good production standards through occasional operation or guidance of manufacturing or packaging equipment
- Performs other duties as requested by supervision to maintain plant operations
- Functions in a teamwork-based environment to maximize productivity, safety and quality. Works with other less experienced mechanics to improve their skills and troubleshooting abilities.
- Completes all required training on all aspects of the operation; PPG’s, batch record & documentation requirements, safety and cGMP’s.
- Assists in the training of new employees.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to obtain forklift certification within 6 months
Abilities and Skills:
- Must be able to read, demonstrate math ability and understanding
- Comprehend and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to visually verify steps in process
- Possess good eye/hand coordination
- Must be able to pass (Fareva’s basic computer navigation skills assessment.
- Movement and weighing of heavy containers from 50 – 100 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Work may involve exposure to raw materials such as pharmaceutical active ingredients (PAI’s), which may require the use of personal protective equipment (gloves, aprons, safety shoes, goggles, face shield or respirators), exposure to high temperature water and steam and wet floors, handling of flammable liquids, caustic solutions and compounds.
- Must be available to work 2nd or 3rd shift.
Candidates should be flexible with the ability to work off-shift and overtime as required.
What we offer: Competitive Salaries with a comprehensive benefits offerings to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Long Term Disability, Life and AD D, 401K and other offerings.
Please submit your resume via the “APPLY NOW” button
Equal Opportunity Employer
Packaging And Labeling
Complex Problem Solving