Job Function: Responsible for the sale, rental and leasing of all new and used John Deere and “all-makes” equipment. Responsible for creating and maintaining customer relationships and taking care of customer’s needs while growing market share, maintaining acceptable levels of gross profit and attaining sales unit target and volume goals.
Primary Duties: May include some or all of the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Plan and organize a sales strategy that includes individual account plans to meet or exceed Company targets for units, dollars and gross profit, and provide status report to sales manager as to achievement of goals and objectives.
- Establish relationships with new customers by contacting one new customer for every current customer to enhance the potential to sell, rent, and lease new and used equipment, parts and service to increase loyalty, market awareness, and increase market share.
- Maintain relationships with current customers to enhance the potential to sell, rent, and lease new and used equipment, parts and service to increase loyalty, market awareness, and increase market share.
- Listen to current customer problems and understand all opportunities, unmet needs and reasons for dissatisfaction, document the problem and respond quickly to offer solutions, keep the customer informed and provide feedback on action taken.
- Work with customers and potential customers to fully understand their needs, wants, concerns, satisfactions and expectations by seeking information and opinions.
- Based on customer needs, formulate value-selling based professional proposal. Quote and negotiate prices and credit terms, prepare contracts and record and close orders, provide trade-information as requested, and manage and maximize rental conversions.
- Maintain a contact management type database for designated territory; maintain accurate and up-to-date call logs, prospects lists, expense reports, lost sales reports, 90 day forecasts, and mileage information.
- Provide on-site expertise for demonstrations, machine inspections and technical support.
- Manage and control sales related expenses to assure proper margins and expense control.
- Submit monthly reports detailing lost sales activities and evaluate the result of such lost sales.
- Attend training and sales meetings as required to stay current with new equipment and sales promotions.
- Work with Deere Financial and other Financial Institutions to gain financing for equipment sales
- Prepare honest equipment evaluations of customer’s equipment trade-ins & submit to Used Equipment Manager.
- Make it easy for the customer to do business with Yellowhouse.
- Create an environment where the customer wants to do business with Yellowhouse.
Education, Skills, and/or Experience Requirements:
- College degree preferred, with undergrad coursework in business, marketing, engineering or related field.
- Heavy equipment sales experience or equivalent experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, self-motivation and communication skills required.
- Advanced computer and application systems skills needed.
- Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities that enable the individual to perform the primary duties of the position.
Work Environment: On the road visits with customers and minimal office setting for paperwork required.
Physical Requirements: Minimal
Operate Cash Register
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Yellowhouse Machinery Company is the oldest John Deere Construction Equipment Dealership west of the Mississippi River. We are headquartered in Amarillo, Texas. Our territory includes 98 Texas counties, and 45 counties in Oklahoma. We have full service dealership locations in Abilene, Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland/Odessa, San Angelo and Wichita Falls in Texas, Broken Bow, Enid, McAlester, and Tulsa (Sand Springs) in Oklahoma.
View the full profile
We sell, rent, and service the entire line of John Deere Construction equipment. We also offer new and used construction equipment from Hitachi, Bomag compaction, milling, and recyclers, Etnyre ashpalt distributors, Etnyre trailers, telehandlers from JLG, brooms from Superior Broom, trailers from Interstate Trailer, Tecumseh, and Belshe, and NorAm motorgraders.
Call or come by one of our ten full service locations today!