HVAC Service Technician
• Install, maintain and repair heating, ventilation, and cooling units for both commercial and residential customers.
• Diagnose and repair of electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
• Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated to customer.
• Maintain good working order of company vehicle including refueling as necessary, reporting any mechanical issues, and filling out and submitting monthly vehicle inspection form.
• Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in the vehicle.
• Understand company pricing and generate appropriate customer invoice at job site.
• Obtain customer signature at completion of job.
• Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model, serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and pictures as necessary.
• Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts, calibrate system to manufacturer’s recommendations, and explain fully to customer what the issue is and what is need to correct.
• Participate in company provided training opportunities on latest industry technologies.
• Identify and report to owner potential opportunities for additional business (newer system, service contracts, and additional services).
• Three or more years’ experience in installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting and correcting diverse HVAC service issues.
• Good analytical skills and attention to detail with ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, and manuals.
• Excellent customer service skills with desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure job is done correctly the first time.
• Preferred EPA certification, but not required
Perform Equipment Repairs
Repair Air Conditioning