A large Managed Care Company in the Long Beach area is currently hiring Administrative Assistants. We are looking for professional candidates who can be available same day or next day for assignments at any given time.
Under direct supervision, provides general administrative support to a department or group of professionals.
Compiles and analyzes basic information for inclusion in reports or presentation materials, prepares charts, graphs, or tables as necessary.
Receives and responds to routine correspondence following established procedures not requiring management review.
Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Performs administrative and office support activities.
- Answers and transfers incoming telephone calls.
- Receives and directs visitors.
- Performs word processing, filing, and email / faxing.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
- Extensive software skills & competencies are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
- Includes: MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and also preferably a familiarity with Visio, Project and Access)
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to abide by Company policies
- Ability to maintain attendance to support required quality and quantity of work
- Maintain confidentiality and comply with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective work relationships with coworkers, clients, members, providers and customers
- 0-2 years experience in an administrative role.
- Microsoft Excel with formatting and developing spreadsheets experience.
Setting Up Files
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
$16.25 - $17.00 / hour
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: CA: Admin Assistant
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Pionear Recruiting specializes in placing the right people in the right jobs – the individuals who best fit a company’s corporate culture, needs and future. We also take pride in building and maintaining long-term relationships with clients and candidates, and to delivering personalized service based on the highest level of discretion, honesty and integrity.
Looking for a new job? Perhaps you’re ready to start a different career. Or maybe you just need to renovate your resume and refine your job-seeking skills. We’re here to help you find your new job quickly and confidentially.
We have relationships with great employers who are looking for people just like you. But because they may not be advertising for the position, they don’t know how to find you. That’s how we can help. We don’t charge candidates anything. We simply listen to the type of job you want, what you want out of a career, and then match your goals with our current openings.
Hopefully you noticed the word you there because it’s not about us – that’s what sets Pionear apart from traditional recruiting companies!
Headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina, we have a strong presence on the East Coast, but also work with companies and candidates across the United States. Because we’re not bound by corporate/franchise rules and bureaucracy, we are a true alternative to traditional recruiting and staffing services with scalable, targeted solutions to fit any budget.
View the full profile