Develop, coordinate, execute and maintain our team service model encompassing Payroll, Benefits, Risk Management and Human Resources for the client base. Build and maintain rapport, engagement and the highest customer service levels, with client base as an advisor on all human resource matters.
- Proactively provide necessary HR recommendations to clients to promote sound HR practices and to keep clients up to date on current regulations and changes
- Assist clients with human resource related matters including payroll, benefits, risk management throughout the employee life cycle from recruitment to termination either directly or in coordination with other Alcott team members
- Market and promote Alcott services to enhance client satisfaction and value proposition.
- Meet with client ownership and executives of new and existing clients to develop human resource strategies sound practices and HR policies
- Assist associates with HR and benefit related inquiries
- Investigate all sensitive human resource related matters
- Recommend and conduct human resource subject matter trainings for management and staff as scheduled and as needed
- Act in a coordinator role for all new client on-boarding
- Perform administrative duties such as:
- Handbook and Job Description creation and review
- Exit Surveys
- Report generation
- Ad hoc projects
- Proactively manage client contacts by:
- Following up on service, sees work with client through to the end
- Following up with client issues/requests in a timely fashion, treats client requests with a sense of urgency
- Cultivates professional relationship to strengthen and create knowledge dependency
- Provide highest level of service to all demographics of clients
- Promote client satisfaction for all areas of service (HR, PR, BEN, RM)
- Establish solid professional relationships with client base
- Show concern for client’s overall business and understands how HR decisions affect their business (ex. time in training and/or meetings)
- Convey a professional image and demeanor at all times
- Prioritize tasks and apply proper time management to position and to service all clients and employees
- Work proactively and thoroughly to understand the client’s business and recommend best practices and offers HR support accordingly
- Incorporates Vendor approach to problem solving with client
- Asks questions to understand
- Stresses outcomes of ‘good’ HR practices
- Reinforce and articulate Alcott’s ‘value’ to the client; ability to explain value of HR outcomes
- Minimum of 5-10 years of experience in Generalist role with ‘hands-on’ experience in employee relations including investigations into worksite claims and handling sensitive matters
- Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Must have excellent technological skills and be familiar with a variety of HRIS
- Experience with Benefits, Payroll, Recruitment issues to act in an advisory role
- Demonstrated understanding of federal and state employment regulations and how those affect the small business market
- Professional communication skills and rapport building (verbal & written) with individuals at all levels of an organization – including owners, top organization executives and management Ability to multi-task with detailed information while remaining accurate
- Ability to learn and work in a Windows based database system
- Excellent PC Skills: MS Office Word, MS Office Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources or a related field, or equivalent years of education and experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP, PHR preferred.
Alcott HR provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Alcott HR complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Complex Problem Solving