Pro Med Career Placement Services is currently recruiting for an experienced Dietitian for the following full time healthcare opportunity:
Diabetes clinical dietitian educator educates patients, patient’s family members, affiliated healthcare workers and the community about care management and the necessary lifestyle changes involved in a diabetes diagnosis including nutrition, medication, physical activity and glucose testing.
They will work cooperatively with all disciplines and the medial staff in the development of programs and plans of care. They are also tasked with assisting with the quality coordinator for the health diabetes education program, ensuring appropriate data is collected and quality goals reached in compliance with the national standards for diabetes self-management education and support.
Essential Job Functions:
Acts as a resource or consultant to individuals, groups and departments institution-wide and seeks consultation with outside experts to achieve patient goals.
· Interprets and applies the practice guidelines from the American Diabetes Association and Nebraska Medicine (as the primary certification site) in the development of an organizational plan for diabetic patient and family education, clinical education and community education.
· Provides both formal and informal education to the diabetic patient and family/guardian to encourage compliance with medication, nutrition and the prescribed medical and care treatment plan.
· Assess diabetes educational needs and ensures the development, maintenance and ongoing provision of education programs for diabetic patients and their families, as well as supporting staff, outreach facilities and the community.
· Assess learner and teaching situations and formulate a plan for teaching and evaluating the teaching process.
· Interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and culture to provide the care needed as described in the department's policies and procedures.
· Coordinates and facilitates the teaching efforts of the clinical staff dealing with the diabetic patients to ensure that patients receive optimal instructions, appropriate to their age and culture to enhance their understanding and adaptation to their condition.
· Makes follow up calls and home visits to clients for assessment of previous education and need for further teaching, referrals and data collection for improvement.
· Ensures quality patient care and adheres to physician preferences.
· Works with patients in either the outpatient or inpatient setting.
· Complete and submit appropriate information necessary for clinical documentation and billing. All patient documentation will be completed in accordance with hospital policies.
· Provide timely and clear documentation for inpatient and outpatient settings, including proper documentation of evaluation and management plans.
· Actively participates in professional growth and development opportunities to stay current in their field.
This opportunity offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and relocation
· Experience needed - minimal 1 year of direct patient care
· Bachelor’s Degree in a clinical profession
· Registered Dietitian (required)
· Certified Dietitian Educator (preferred)
· GPHealth Preferred: Certified Diabetes Educator status from the National Certification Board of Diabetes Educators (NCBDE) or certification obtained within two years of date of hire.
Medical Surgical Nursing