Our progressive Home Healthcare Agency has locations in the Metropolitan New York City area. We are looking for a Director of Rehabilitation Services to manage the operations of the Rehabilitation Department for a Certified Home Healthcare Agency.
We offer competitive salary and benefits: Health and Dental Insurance, PTO, Paid holidays, and 401K
• Receives case referrals. Reviews available patient information related to case, including disciplines required, to determine home care needs. Assigns appropriate therapists to case.
• Reviews and evaluates each case by reviewing the services provided by the therapists, including case conferences and documentation review, discusses and verifies impressions, instructs and guides therapists to promote more effective performance and delivery of quality home care services, and is available at all times during operating hours to assist therapists as appropriate.
• Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of all rehabilitation services modalities
• Prepare reports regarding rehabilitation services, i.e., utilization, performance improvement, service data, outcome data, and productivity
• Ability to plan and organize orientation and in-service training for Therapist and participate in guidance and educational programs
• Perform management activities including, interviewing, hiring, evaluating and terminating department staff members
• Completes on-site supervisory visits as necessary.
• Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program
• Valid professional license in NY
• Four or more years of experience, with two or more years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations pertaining to home care and rehabilitation functions as well as state and federal reimbursement for therapy.