To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Remote, CA
- James Watkins
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Blu Coal • Remote, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
100% Travel Based | Fully Remote | All Travel Paid | $70,000 - $90,000 | North America, Canada, UK
An exclusive opportunity has arisen for a Field Inspector to join a market-leading information services provider, specializing within the crane and heavy plant industry. You will become an integral member of the team, acting as the eyes and ears on the ground, evaluating the condition, quality and maintenance procedures relating to rental equipment, thus ensuring the appraisal valuations of assets are accurate.
To be successful in this position, you will have:
- Prior experience working in the construction equipment rental industry
- The ability to evaluate the condition of equipment, potential problem areas of used equipment, etc.
- Expertise with a wide range of equipment common to equipment rental firms, including Cranes, Earthmoving equipment (wheel loaders, dozers, backhoes/dumpers), Aerial work platforms (scissor lifts, telescopic booms, articulating booms, etc), Concrete pumping (trucks and portable), Tractors/trailers, including support equipment (i.e. jeeps, boosters, and deck extensions)
- Prior experience performing maintenance, managing a service department, and/or operating equipment preferred
- Firm grasp of current market conditions and drivers desirable (i.e., construction spending, notable projects, key players in different industries and geographies, etc.)
- Ability to work comfortably with Microsoft Word and Excel
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an innovative, progressive organization, offering; travel, progression, and a lucrative remuneration package. To be considered for this position, and to find out more, please apply accordingly.
- 100% travel-based throughout the United States, Canada and potentially some travel to the United Kingdom.
- Visit rental branch locations and construction job sites to inspect the construction machinery located at those sites. The inspections will include:
- A thorough evaluation of the machinery units;
- Taking photos of the units
- Logging details such as maintenance performed, usage meters, and serial numbers
- Interviewing the depot personnel and maintenance managers to document the overall operation and the protocol for the upkeep of the fleet
- Neatly and accurately document the findings of the inspections for reporting back to the team, which will ultimately support the final appraisal reporting