ITIL Service Desk Admin / Remedy
Location: Arlington, VA 22203
Duration: 6+ months, potential direct hire
You must be a US Citizen.
You must be willing to undergo an extensive background check so that you can get a Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance (TS/SCI with Polygraph).
You are a fully-compassionate human who has extensive skills to handle, and sometimes resolve, technical issues with Windows systems.
You have a great understanding of computers, operating systems, and network operations... hopefully in a classified/secured environment.
You're able to speak and write clearly, even when the details provided by a customer are incomplete or incoherent. You'll find solutions or the people who can provide solutions. You'll keep track of all of this in the Remedy Ticketing System.
Here are some of the things you'll be doing...
- Provide first-response support to customer incidents and requests via phone and email.
- Triage customer issues.
- Resolve on-the-spot fixes (password resets, etc).
- Escalate tickets to appropriate teams.
- Maintain a high level of Help Desk customer focus by prioritizing issues and communicating appropriately with external and internal customers
- Coordinate with cross-team and cross-departmental expertise necessary to effectively respond to issues
And you'll be responsible for these things (and more)...
- Ensure customer service excellence by monitoring tickets and reviewing customer feedback
- Develop and document process and procedural enhancements and assist other departments as needed for continuous process and service improvement
- Customer Service Focused
- Maintain a high level of responsiveness, communication, professionalism, and overall knowledge
- Team Management Focused
- Maintain current knowledge on new and updates to existing products, as well as third-party OS and devices
- Deliver excellent technical support and customer service
- Work with the IT Help Desk Lead to ensure the Help Desk maintains compliance with Service Level Objectives (SLOs) in accordance contractual standards
- Contribute to the change management process; in particular represent the interests of the customer when assessing risk and impact
You'll need to be immediately productive on your first day, so you'll need the following in your background...
- US Citizen
- Willing to undergo extensive background search to obtain a Department of Defense Security Top Secret Clearance, including Polygraph examinations
- 7 years of related technical experience
- A minimum of a IAT Level II (DoD 8570.1M) certification is required: e.g. GIAC Security Essentials - GSEC; CompTIA Security+ CE; Security Certified Network Professional - SCNP; Systems Security Certified Practitioner - SSCP
- Hands on experience using Remedy Ticketing system
- Windows Operating Systems and Windows technology
- Extensive troubleshooting experience
- Networking experience
- Customer service experience
- Extensive Help Desk experience
- Microsoft Office product experience
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience collecting system use metrics
It's time for you to have more fun as a Service Desk Admin!
Click "Apply" now.
Systems Security Certified Practitioner
Global Information Assurance Certification
Giac Security Essentials Certification
Security Certified Network Professional
Comp Tia Security+