To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merced, CA 95340
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinician / Clinician Trainee
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Merced, CA
Posted 21 days ago
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services has been accredited by The Joint Commission which has surveyed the organization and found it to meet the requirements for the Behavioral Health Care Accreditation Program.
We are seeking out candidates who would be proud to be part of such an organization and who will help ensure our Commitment to Caring. We are a nonprofit with a mission to strengthen families and communities by transforming lives.
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
We are currently looking for a full time Clinician who is ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Clinician in our Merced Public School Based program, you will be providing clinical and support services for students addressing social, emotional and behavioral challenges/symptoms identified as interfering with student success in Merced County. Provide teacher consultation for Merced Union School District programs. Duties also include individual, group, and family counseling, parent education, crisis management and case management.
1. Master’s degree from an accredited college or university graduate program with receipt of Master’s degree in Social Work, Counseling Psychology. AMFT, APCC or ACSW preferred. Will consider Masters in progress.
2. Knowledge of community resources.
3. Cultural sensitivity, awareness and knowledge.
4. Sound personal qualifications (i.e., maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health).
5. Strong Communication Skills
6. Clean and neat appearance and pleasant demeanor
7. Must be 21 years old or over.
8. Must possess a valid California driver’s license with less than 2 minor moving violations.
9. Bilingual Spanish required.
As a Clinician/Clinician Trainee you will be providing counseling services to children and their families. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
- Strives for excellence to provide high standard of performance.
- Holds a high level of integrity in a professional role.
- A strong sense of dedication to our clients, partners and the community.
- A positive collaboration with others.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A genuine caring for emotionally / behaviorally disturbed children.
- Ability to work effectively with cultural/ethnic diversity.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of agency business, clients and employees.
Our Clinicians make a valuable contribution to our daily efforts and are extremely hands on. If you are looking for a desk job, this position is not for you!
One of the most important and rewarding components of your career with us will be the contribution that you make towards strengthening the lives of families and the community.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers a Competitive Salary and a Comprehensive Benefit Package for full time employees, which includes:
- Affordable medical, dental and vision insurance for our employees
- A retirement plan with an employer match
- A generous vacation, sick and holiday pay package
- Employer sponsored Life and AD&D insurance
- Employer Assistance Program provided free of charge
- Generous option of voluntary benefits to select from
Additional Benefits include:
- Supervision for state licensure
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
1. Participate in crisis prevention and crisis management.
2. Provide assessments and evaluations of ISN-Y clients to develop an ISN-Y Plan with goals and strategies to meet their individual needs and build strengths.
3. Meet with ISN-Y clients and groups, including families, to assist them with understanding complex mental and emotional problems and with developing realistic plans to resolve them.
4. Develop and facilitate groups beneficial to the ISN-Y program.
5. Modify care plans dependent upon appropriate success-oriented strategies.
6. Advises ISN-Y clients on the availability of community resources.
7. Implement the ABC framework model Appreciative Inquiry, Building Capacity, and Care Coordination in accordance with the ISN-Y plan.
8. Provide documentation on each contact with child/family.
9. Assists with training other ISN-Y staff in diagnosis and treatment methods.
10. Develop and conduct training and informal presentations on the ISN-Y programs.
11. Any BBS registrations must remain current and active.
12. Attend staff meetings and trainings as requested.
13. Report any suspected child abuse immediately to your direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
14. Report any suspected adult/elder abuse immediately to your direct supervisor or if not available up the chain of command.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.