Horizons Care Center in Eckert, CO is looking for a compassionate, caring, and detail oriented MDS Coordinator to join their team!
The MDS Coordinator is responsible for the Minimum Data Set (MDS) Comprehensive Resident Assessment Instrument of the facility residents. The nurse will utilize the nursing process in performance of the job and will keep abreast of current trends in nursing care and service. The nurse will practice in accordance with the state nursing practice act, nursing ethics and state rules and regulations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current Registered Nurse licensed to practice in the state of Colorado.
2. Previous experience in long-term care.
3. Possesses knowledge and understanding of rehabilitative nursing concepts.
4. Clinically competent to utilize the nursing process to perform physical and cognitive assessments of residents.
5. Caring person with a desire to work with the frail and elderly.
6. Displays optimal intra and interdepartmental relationships.
7. Ability to establish and maintain optimum rapport with residents, family members and regulatory agencies.
8. Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
9. Resident Assessment Coordinator Certified Program, RAC-CT needs to be certified six (6) months after hire.
10. Re-certification is required every two (2) years.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Perform assessments necessary to accurately complete the minimum data set and the Care Area Assessment (CAAS).
2. Complete assessments within required time frames for newly admitted residents, quarterly reviews. Annual reviews and significant change reviews.
3. Follow facility policy/procedures titled, Resident Care Planning.
4. Initiate a new MDS whenever a significant change occurs in a resident’s health status. Schedule care conference within fourteen (14) days of when the change in the resident’s condition is determined to be permanent.
5. Coordinate an annual re-assessment on or near, but not later than the date of the prior assessment.
6. Initiate a new MDS upon a resident’s return from a hospital when there is a significant change from resident’s prior condition or resident had a CVA, invasive surgical procedure and/or long bone fracture.
7. Notify Social Services, Therapeutic Recreation and Dietary Departments when a new MDS is initiated for whatever reason. Clearly define the dates and sections to be completed.
8. Make care plan and referral recommendations.
9. Utilize direct interview/observation skills, chart audits, resident/family interviews and communicate with direct care staff when completing the assessments.
10. Follow all facility policies related to the maintenance of an accurate medical record.
11. Maintain a clean, safe and efficient work environment.
12. Use time, equipment and supplies in a responsible manner.
13. Attend nurses’ meetings as scheduled.
14. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
15. Meet state and federal continuing education requirements.
16. Take on the responsibility of Building Supervisor or RN on-call for the facility as assigned.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
9. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
Minimum Data Set