We are a VNA seeking a Per Diem Registered Nurse, who would administer skilled nursing care to clients requiring professional nursing services in the comfort of the client's home. These clients would require physical assessments, insulin and med administration, and any OASIS that needs to be done. The Per Diem RN teaches and supervises the family and other members of the nursing team.
Each RN performs nursing services for residents within a specific area. These services are performed in accordance with the physician’s orders and under the direction of the supervisor.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting a physical examination of the client, including vital signs, physical assessments, mental status, appetite and type of diet, etc.
- Evaluating the client, family member(s) and home situation to determine what health teaching will be required
- Evaluating the client's environment to determine what assistance will be available from the family members in caring for the client
- Developing and Implementing the Nursing Care Plan
The RN would provide skilled nursing care as outlined in the nursing care plan including:
- Nursing services, treatments and preventative procedures requiring substantial specialized skill that is ordered by the physician
- Observing signs, symptoms and reporting to the physician reactions to treatments, including drugs, and changes in the client's physical or emotional condition
- Evaluates the effectiveness of his/her nursing service to the individual and family
- Participates in case conferences
- Discusses with the supervisor the need for involvement of other members of the health team such as the home health aide, physical therapist, speech therapist, occupational therapist, social worker, etc.
- Graduate of an approved school of professional nursing
- Licensed in the state of Massachusetts
- Home health experience preferred, but not required
- Must be available for daytime hours
Computerized Physician Order Entry