To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2300 West Park Place Boulevard
Stone Mountain, GA 30087
- Jeffrey Tobias
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Behavioral Health Counselor
The Potter's House Family and Children Treatment Center • Stone Mountain, GA
Posted 17 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Behavior Health Counselor
Fast pace Behavioral Health Practice is seeking Counselors to work under the supervision of the Clinical Director to perform professional work involving the delivery and coordination of mental health services to individuals in need of intake process, crisis intervention, counseling and/or management services; coordination of linkages and resources to services, or information in the consumers community, and to perform other duties as required.
Works closely with Clinical Director, Mental Health Professionals, Interdisciplinary Treatment Team, parents, guardians, DFCS, other staff members, school officials, and other community partners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to perform patient assessments to determine presence of addiction or mental disorder as determined by level of academic preparation and/or licensure.
- Ability to develop and implement a plan of treatment, continuing care and discharge plans for the patient and/or family.
- Ability to perform unit specific competencies to include the performance of counseling and provision of clinical services.
- Able to evaluate patient progress and revise treatment plan as needed.
- Provides patient and family education about addiction and mental disorder.
- Knowledgeable of community resources available for patients and families.
- Assists with case management responsibilities for assigned patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform crisis intervention.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly with supervisor, manager, co-workers, other departments and physicians.
- Develops implements and coordinates educational classes and therapy programs.
- Presents educational programs to the community, schools and other groups.
- Ensure Documentation meets standards and policies.
- Treats patients and families with professionalism, respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Functions as a liaison between administration, patients, physicians and other healthcare providers.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments..
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organized; functions well during stressful and/or emergency situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with pressure to meet deadlines, to be accurate, and to handle constantly changing situations.
- Demonstrates the ability to deal with a variety of people, deal with stressful situations, and handle conflict.
- Stays current with new techniques, advances through seminars, conferences, continuing education classes, professional societies and journals, etc.
- Masters Degree in the Behavioral Sciences, Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Criminal Justice or related field.
- Bachelors Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Social Sciences, Social Work, Pschology, Criminal Justice, Counseling or related field and in pursuit of a Master’s degree that would qualify the student to ultimately qualify as a licensed practitioner.
- Must have strong therapeutic clinical writing skills and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of strength based family and solution focused treatment strategies for working with clients at risk.
- Maintain a caseload of clients with personal social behavior problems.
- Receive referrals of clients in need of mental health services and monitors clients behavior in relation to Treatment Plan goals and needs.
- Respond appropriately to mental health emergency situations and utilize crisis intervention techniques and procedures.
- Establish and maintain working relationship with consumers.
- Must be self managed and have honest and reliable work ethics.
- Must have valid Georgia Driver license and automobile insurance policy.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check. , and Drug Screening.
This is a non-smoking work environment.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified