Our client is looking for a Developer to Plans, designs, develops and tests complex business applications using advance computer techniques and languages; recommends new or revised systems based on evaluation and feasibility. This is a 12 month contract located in Lemont, IL.
- Use issue tracking system with GitHub
- Update existing simulation model code to conform with software engineering best practices
- Address current issues in C++ code reported by users and model developers
- Communicate process and gather feedback with main users
- Write and update process documentation
- Please note that this is C++ development work for high-performance scientific computing software, NOT web development (i.e., no ASP.NET) or IT development/engineering
· 3+ years of relevant experience.
· 1+ year with LINUX development environment is required.
· Experience in scientific computing, game engine development or financial computing is a plus.
· C++ coding (a deep understanding of templates and/or low latency techniques would be a plus)
· Software engineering life cycle (git/GitHub)
· Ability to maintain current and develop new functionalities of the POLARIS agent-based simulation model core libraries in C++ as well as develop appropriate testing strategies.
· Ability to update simulation libraries (~85%).