Maintains and enhances the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
This company is experiencing a cultural transformation. As such, this role may initially require much administrative, tactical work.
- Manages requisitions and candidate sourcing; develops strong candidate pipeline for management and site-critical positions.
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Maintains organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; recommending changes.
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs or coordinates such efforts for each site.
Employee and Labor Relations
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; scheduling management conferences with employees.
- Partners with the legal department in the management of union grievances.
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Assists in development and communication of site-level hourly pay guidelines for non-union locations and/or employees.
- Liaison between corporate and site-level administrative staff for all people matters.
- Recommends best practices and approaches for human resource policies and procedures.
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- May serve as a payroll backup (currently with Paychex).
- Additional duties as assigned and appropriate for the position.
Human Resources Manager Skills and Qualifications:
· Recruiting and Hiring
· Human Resources Management
· Performance Management
· Communication Processes
· Supports Diversity
· Employment Law
· Microsoft Office
· Familiarity with LinkedIn Recruiting, Indeed, CareerBuilder and other job-related sites
· HCMS and HR Technology (Vital)
· Ability to travel domestically to all sites regularly (approximately 30%)
Human Resources Information System (Hris)